Los Angeles, May 6, 2010 – CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBG) today announced that more than 30 seasoned commercial real estate services professionals have joined the company in key markets and business lines around the world since the beginning of 2010. The new professionals include:
- Tim Bell, Associate Vice President, based in Toronto, who focuses on tenant representation in the Toronto market. Mr. Bell was formerly at Newmark, Knight Frank (Devencore).
- Sandy Chace, Senior Vice President, based in Orlando, who oversees leasing activities for a 1.8 million square foot suburban office portfolio. Ms. Chace was formerly the in-house leasing representative for Colonial Properties.
- Chris Cozby, Senior Vice President, based in Dallas, who represents both institutional and private clients in the acquisition and disposition of retail shopping centers within Dallas-Ft Worth, the Southwest and nationally. For the past five years, Mr. Cozby has been a founding principal of Dallas-based Thackeray Partners, an investment firm. Prior to that, he led the retail operations at Trammell Crow Company.
- Jim Doty and John Clare, Vice Presidents, based in Toronto, who focus on office leasing in that market. They were previously at DTZ.
- Peter Gineris, Senior Vice President, based in Albuquerque, who leads the company’s debt and equity finance practice in New Mexico. Mr. Gineris was most recently Vice President and Manager at Sunrise Mortgage.
- John Haire, Managing Director, based in Toronto, who manages the company’s Toronto North office. Mr. Haire was formerly in senior management with Cushman Wakefield in Toronto.
- Angel de la Hoz, Vice President, based in Mexico City, who leads a team focused on office and corporate real estate leasing in Mexico. For more than 10 years he was the leading office broker for Colliers in Mexico.
- Russ Johnson and Steve Ridenour, Vice Presidents, based in Spokane, who focus on building the company’s presence in the Inter-mountain West (Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota). Mr. Johnson is a 35-year veteran and Mr. Ridenour a 37-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry.
- Nicholas Matt, Senior Vice President, based in Pittsburgh, who leads the growth initiative for the company’s debt and equity finance activities throughout that region. Mr. Matt was previously a Managing Director at HFF in Pittsburgh.
- Martin Mitchell, Managing Director, Asset Services, based in Dallas, who oversees property management and related activities for the company’s 42 million square foot portfolio in north Texas. Most recently, Mr. Mitchell was President and CEO of Southwest Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Trent Snarr, Vice President, based in Salt Lake City, who focuses on debt & equity finance activities. Mr. Snarr was previously with CIBC World Markets for nine years.
- Dominic Chung, Senior Director, based in Hong Kong, who leads the Investment Properties team in Hong Kong and oversees major property investment transactions in the greater China area. He was previously with Jones Lang LaSalle, where he served as Managing Director of Shenzhen and Head of Investments for Guangzhou and Shenzhen in southern China.
- David Elam, Director, Global Corporate Services, based in Melbourne, who drives the development of the GCS Industrial business unit. He was most recently principal of Terrain Property in Melbourne and has held senior roles at Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Ellis Hui, Managing Director, based in Chengdu, China, who manages CBRE’s operations in Chengdu. He oversees strategic planning, client relations and business development activities, and also provides service delivery support in other areas within the Sichuan Province. He previously served as Property General Manager for Jones Lang LaSalle in China.
- Yong Jin, Chief Operating Officer, China, based in Beijing, who oversees the operational aspects of CBRE’s business in China. The well-rounded manager was previously Vice Chairman of the Board at BA, one of China’s leading real estate services companies.
- Andrew Leoncelli, Director Residential Projects, based in Melbourne, who oversees the expansion of CBRE's Residential Projects business into the Victorian market. He joins CBRE from listed property fund Valad.
- James McLean, Senior Director, based in Hong Kong, who leads the Hong Kong Island Office Services team. He was most recently a National Director at Jones Lang LaSalle in Singapore, where he led a regional transaction management team.
- Tim Molchanoff, Senior Director, Office Services, based in Sydney, who spearheads CBRE's project leasing efforts in the Sydney CBD. He joined CBRE after 10 years at Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Rebecca Pearce, Associate Director, Sustainability, based in Sydney, who drives CBRE's sustainability initiatives in the Pacific Region. Ms. Pearce has extensive international experience and was most recently a Senior Associate with the Sustainability Advisory Group in the United Arab Emirates.
- Grace Ramin, Associate Director, Global Corporate Services, based in Singapore, who supports client accounting and finance transitions and oversees the implementation of the CBRE financial system for facilities management accounts in Asia Pacific. She was previously the Financial Controller for Jones Lang LaSalle in the Philippines.
- Phil Smith, Senior Director, Retirement Housing & HealthCare Transactions, based in Sydney, who heads CBRE's expanding retirement housing & healthcare transactions team. He has previously held high-level real estate finance positions for Norddeutsche Landesbank and St Andrews Healthcare Pty Ltd.
- Paul Copeland, Senior Director, based in London, who joins the company’s Global Corporate Services team and drives the delivery of transaction management services to key global client accounts. Mr. Copeland was the former head of global real estate strategy and projects at Barclays Capital.
- Jonathan De Mello, Senior Director, based in London, who heads up the company’s retail consultancy team in the United Kingdom. Mr. De Mello joins from Experian Property Consultancy and has been working as a specialist consultant in the retail property sector for over ten years.
- Johan Elfstadius, Managing Director, based in Stockholm, who directs the company’s Swedish business operations. Mr. Elfstadius was previously Managing Director and CEO of Colliers International AB, Sweden, and brings over ten years of local market knowledge and experience to CBRE’s growing Nordic operations.
- Keith Harris, Senior Director, based in London, who joins the company’s Capital Markets team in the United Kingdom to develop and extend client relationships in the UK and in Europe. Mr. Harris was most recently with First London Securities PLC, an investment bank based in London specializing in real estate, commodities and mining.
- Ralph Holland, Senior Director, based in Rome, who joins the company’s Global Corporate Services team to help develop the GCS platform in Italy and work with several key pan-European client accounts. Mr. Holland was formerly a managing director at Cushman & Wakefield and held responsibility for running its Italian corporate services business.
- Philip Howells, Executive Director, based in London, who joins the company’s central London team. Mr. Howells comes from Jones Lang LaSalle, where he was a Director in the West End business.
- Mark Routledge, Executive Director, based in London, who heads up the office investment team as part of the company’s United Kingdom Business Space Investment team. Mr. Routledge is also a leading figure in the out of town office investment market and joins from Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Mark Simms, Associate Director, based in London, who focuses on retail development and leasing, advising owners of some of the United Kingdom’s leading shopping centers. Mr. Simms spent six years at Cushman & Wakefield working within the retail agency team.
- Ian Smith, Head of Project Management, based in London, who joins the company’s Global Corporate Services team to lead and expand upon the corporate project management offering across the EMEA region. Mr. Smith was previously an executive director of Arcadis UK, forming part of the Buildings group leadership team.
“CB Richard Ellis is committed to continuously enhancing our service to clients by attracting new professionals who complement our talent pool and augment our platform,” said Calvin W. Frese, Jr., President, Global Services, CB Richard Ellis. “We are pleased to welcome these premier professionals to our team.”
About CB Richard Ellis
CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2009 revenue). The Company has approximately 29,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CB Richard Ellis offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. CB Richard Ellis has been named a BusinessWeek 50 “best in class” company for three years in a row. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.com.