Los Angeles, August 11, 2010 – CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBG) today announced that the following senior commercial real estate services professionals, mostly in production, have joined the company globally since May 2010:
- Dave Albert, Senior Vice President, based in Miami, FL, will be representing industrial owners and users. Mr. Albert was previously at Flagler Real Estate Services.
- Stephen Eynon, Senior Vice President, based in New York, NY, will focus on tenant and landlord representation. Mr. Eynon was previously with Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Paul Galanis, Managing Director, based in Chicago, IL, will co-lead the new real estate auction service in the United States. Mr. Galanis was previously at Sheldon Good & Company Auctions.
- Nat Heald, Vice President, based in Boston, MA, will focus on retail investment sales. He joins from Jones Lang LaSalle where was involved in the sale of nearly $2 billion of retail real estate in the Northeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions.
- Myles Helm, Managing Director, will manage the South Bay office, located in Torrance, CA. Mr. Helms joins CBRE from DAUM, where he served as president since 2007.
- Doug Johnson, Managing Director, based in Chicago, IL, will co-lead the new real estate auction service in the United States. Mr. Johnson was previously at Sheldon Good & Company Auctions.
- Jim Koury, Executive Vice President, based in Boston, MA, specializes in the sale of retail investment properties in the Northeast. During Mr. Koury's more than 20 year career he has sold over $3 billion of property and was the former National Director of Retail Sales at Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Bryan Lewitt, Senior Vice President, based in downtown Los Angeles, CA, will help lead the regional medical office practice in Southern California. He was previously at Cushman & Wakefield.
- Frank Liggio, Vice President, based in Long Island, NY, will focus on industrial and airport related transactions. Mr. Liggio rejoins CBRE from a Long Island boutique real estate brokerage firm.
- Brian Mirkovich, Vice President, based in Walnut Creek, CA, will concentrate on broadening the Company's retail leasing and sales services along the 680 Corridor, in eastern Contra Costa County and Alameda County's Tri-Valley marketplace. Mr. Mirkovich was previously with Colliers.
- David Montijo, First Vice President, based in Tucson, AZ, is an office property specialist. He was previously with Bourn Partners LLC.
- Augie Napolitano, Senior Vice President, based in Newport Beach, CA, will focus on assisting large warehouse and distribution users in maximizing the efficiencies of their global supply chain. He joins CBRE from Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Compie Newman, Senior Vice President, based in Charlotte, NC, will focus on debt and equity financing for all types of commercial real estate. Mr. Newman was previously Co-Managing Director of NorthMarq Capital's Charlotte office.
- Constance R. Pemmerl, Executive Vice President, based in Boston, MA, will lead CBRE's business development efforts with national banking institutions and will maintain a particular focus on growing CBRE's Loan Sale Advisory business. Ms. Pemmerl joins CBRE from her private consulting practice where she specialized in underwriting and structuring complex real estate transactions, debt re-structuring and troubled work-outs. She previously served as Executive Vice President of the Commercial Real Estate Group for Fleet National Bank.
- David Potarf, Senior Vice President, based in Denver, CO, will co-lead CBRE's multi-housing brokerage in that market. Mr. Potarf has completed investment sales of more than $2 billion throughout his career and joins from Marcus & Millichap, where he was one of that company's "Top Apartment Brokers" for Colorado from 1998 to 2008.
- Peter Scarpelli, Vice President and Global Leader of Energy Services, based in Chicago, IL, will oversee the firm's global energy and sustainability offerings, assisting CBRE account teams and clients in identifying and implementing portfolio-wide energy reduction, alternative energy and cost savings initiatives. Mr. Scarpelli was previously at Schneider Electric.
- Bill Stone, Executive Vice President, based in Toronto, will lead CBRE Hotels' Canadian Hotel practice. Mr. Stone, one of Canada's most accomplished hotel and resort specialty real estate professionals, joins CBRE from Colliers International, where he was an Executive Managing Director of the Hotel group.
- Thom Tobin, Managing Director of the Assessment & Consulting Services Group (part of CBRE's Valuation and Advisory Services), based in Chicago, IL, is responsible for meeting the environmental and property condition needs of CBRE's existing assessment, valuation and brokerage clients. Mr. Tobin has over 20 years of experience in the property environmental arena.
- Scott Weems, Senior Vice President, based in San Antonio, will serve as the lead multifamily professional for the San Antonio metro area. Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Weems spent 10 years at Hendricks & Partners in San Antonio where he advised clients in both the acquisition and disposition of multifamily properties.
- Aaron White, Senior Vice President, based in Nashville, TN, will focus exclusively on representing owners of multifamily properties in the Nashville market. Mr. White returns to CBRE after serving as President and founder of Core Development Services in Nashville, Tennessee, where he was responsible for facilitating multifamily in-fill development and adaptive reuse of historic structures.
- Devin White, Vice President, based in Miami, FL, will be representing industrial owners and users. He was previously at Flagler Real Estate Services.
- Daniel Woodward, Senior Vice President, based in Denver, CO, will co-lead CBRE's multi-housing brokerage in that market. Mr. Woodward has completed investment sales of more than $2 billion throughout his career and joins from Marcus & Millichap, where he was one of that company's "Top Apartment Brokers" for Colorado from 1998 to 2008.
- Jeff Woolf, Senior Vice President, based in downtown Los Angeles, CA, will help build a vertical practice group focused on the fast-growing "career college" education segment of the commercial real estate market. He was previously with Cushman & Wakefield.
- Kenneth R. Zirk, Senior Vice President, based in Philadelphia, PA, will lead the Global Corporate Services group in Greater Philadelphia with a focus on business development and client relations. Mr. Zirk was previously at Jones Lang LaSalle where he was responsible for account management for Towers Watson, AstraZeneca and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Masako Arakawa, MAI, MRICS, Executive Director, New Business Development Office, based in Tokyo, will assist with business development opportunities for CBRE Capital Markets in Japan. Ms. Arakawa was previously Head of Underwriting of Commercial Real Estate Japan, Deutsche Bank AG, in Tokyo.
- Wing Chan, Director, Residential Services, Shanghai, is responsible for residential sales in Shanghai's secondary market and residential leasing. She was previously with NAI Asia Pacific Properties in Shanghai.
- Winnie Chan, Director of Retail Services, based in Hong Kong, provides leasing services for retailers and restaurants. She was previously with Jones Lang LaSalle, where she served as Associate Director in the firm's retail department.
- Sonny Chen, Managing Director, based in Chongqing, China, oversees the office's daily operation and overall business development. He has nearly 30 years of experience in the service industry including luxury hotels, serviced apartments and high-end residential and commercial property management. He previously served as Acting General Manager for Cushman & Wakefield in Chengdu, providing oversight of the office's overall operation and business development activities in Western China.
- Eric Fung, Senior Director, Asset Services, based in Beijing, is responsible for property and facilities management and tenancy administration in Northern China. He previously served as Director of Business Development for Orange Sky Golden Harvest Group, a film and entertainment company, in China.
- Keith Humphreys, Executive Director, Asia, based in Hong Kong, is responsible for the development of the CBRE Hotels business across China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. He has a considerable depth of experience in hotels, having led the Hotels team for Colliers International for several years and having worked in the Asia region since 1982.
- Trevor Ludeman, Director, Town Planning, based in Melbourne, leads CBRE's expansion of its highly successful Town Planning division into Victoria. Mr. Ludeman previously operated his own Melbourne-based practice working with a range of clients and government agencies.
- David Prosser, Director, Office Services, based in Brisbane, is the new State Director of the Queensland Office Services team. Mr. Prosser has extensive experience in facilitating major lease transactions and structuring deals.
- Simon Purdy, Associate Director, Asset Services, based in Brisbane, heads the expanding Brisbane-based Commercial Management division. Mr. Purdy has over 15 years of experience in commercial property management, including senior positions with Jones Lang LaSalle, Savills and Strategic Property Solutions.
- Alex Robertson, Senior Asset Manager, based in Adelaide, has been appointed to expand the South Australian Asset Services team. Mr. Robertson has over 25 years in the commercial property industry including his previous role as Asset Manager for the Motor Accident Commission and 11 years of experience as a Senior Property Manager at Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Phill Rockliff, Regional Director, Asset Services, based in Sydney, is heading CBRE's fast-growing Pacific Asset Services team. Mr. Rockliff has more than 20 years of experience in the property industry, including directorship roles at Colliers and Jones Lang LaSalle, prior to being appointed as Senior Asset Manager at Valad and more recently as Toga's General Manager of Property Investment.
- Kazunobu Takita, Executive Director, CBRE Hotels Japan, recently joined CBRE's operations in Japan, bringing more than 20 years of varied hotel industry experience to establish CBRE's hotels capability and team in Japan.
- Michiyo Tanaka, Head of Human Resources, will spearhead the HR strategy for CBRE operations in Japan. Ms. Tanaka has 18 years of experience in the Human Resources sector, leading HR functions and strategies for various client groups in American International Group and General Electric.
- Angelina Tee, Director of Real Estate Finance, Asia, based in Singapore, is responsible for the coordination of Real Estate Finance mandates and assignments in Asia, with a particular focus on Southeast Asia. She was previously with Unicredit, where she served as Director, Securitisation and Structured Products for Asia Pacific.
- Oscar Westerlund, Director, Strategic Advisory CBRE Hotels, based in Sydney, has been appointed to launch a new Strategic Advisory division. Mr. Westerlund has over 25 years of property experience working with private and institutional clients carrying out valuation and consultancy assignments throughout Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific Islands, Europe and the Middle East.
Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Daniel Andersson, Head of Capital Markets for CBRE Sweden, based in Stockholm, is responsible for responding to interest in the Swedish property market from both domestic and international investors. Mr. Andersson joins from fund and asset management company GPT Halverton, where he was a partner for three years with prime responsibility for property acquisitions across the Nordic region.
- Anders Almqvist, Head of Valuation for CBRE Sweden, based in Stockholm, is responsible for the further development of CBRE's valuation business across Sweden, addressing changing local and international client needs. Mr. Almqvist brings 20 years of local market valuation experience to the team, specializing in valuation, tenant representation and leasing services.
- Chris Callan, Director, based in Belfast, will focus on landlord & tenant, valuation, licensed premises, property and facilities management. Mr. Callan was previously at Whelan Property Consultants.
- Ciaran Donnelly, Dircetor, based in Belfast, will focus on landlord & tenant, valuation, licensed premises, property and facilities management. Mr. Donnelly was previously at Whelan Property Consultants.
- Gerard McCann, Director, based in Belfast, will focus on landlord & tenant, valuation, licensed premises, property and facilities management. Mr. McCann was previously at Whelan Property Consultants.
- Simon Milner, Executive Director, based in London, joined when CBRE acquired M3 Agency LLP. The acquisition represents a significant step in the development of CBRE's industrial services offering across the U.K. and Europe.
- Richard Moffitt, Executive Director, based in London, joined when CBRE acquired M3 Agency LLP.
- Neville Moss, Head of Retail Research for the EMEA region, based in London, will help to drive CBRE's EMEA-wide retail research program and support the further development of CBRE's leading cross-border retail proposition. Mr. Moss was formerly Head of EMEA Retail Research at Jones Lang LaSalle and has more than 20 years' experience in research and consultancy for retailers and retail property companies.
- Ian Smith, Head of Project Management, CBRE Global Corporate Services in the EMEA region, based in London, will be leading and expanding upon CBRE's corporate project management offering across the EMEA region, and working closely with the company's corporate services teams worldwide. Mr. Smith was formerly a main board director and principal shareholder of construction and property consultants, AYH plc.
- Matthew Wilderspin, Senior Director, based in London, will help the Building Consultancy team accelerate growth throughout the U.K. and mainland Europe. Mr. Wilderspin joins CBRE from BNP Paribas Real Estate where he was National Head of Building Consultancy.
- Richard Williams, Executive Director, based in London, will be responsible for the surveying teams within the Property and Asset Management division in London and the U.K. regions, focusing on service delivery and performance as well as assisting with business development, strategy and market intelligence. Mr. Williams joins CBRE from NB Real Estate, where he provided property management, building surveying and landlord and tenant services to the extensive client base on £27 billion of property.
- Jane Wynne, Senior Director, based in London, will form a new specialist retail management team. Ms. Wynne was previously Head of Asset Management at Quinlan Private, and Head of Retail Asset Management at Donaldsons (now DTZ).
About CB Richard Ellis
CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world's largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2009 revenue). The Company has approximately 29,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CB Richard Ellis offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.com.