Los Angeles – February 16, 2012 – CBRE Group, Inc. (CBRE) was the No. 1 firm for commercial property investment sales in the U.S. in 2011with $22.3 billion* in transactions, according to leading industry publication, Real Estate Alert.
Real Estate Alert credited CBRE with a 24.2%** market share across all property types in 2011, more than 200 basis-points (bps) better than the second-place firm. CBRE led Real Estate Alert’s 2011brokerage rankings in shopping center, industrial and multi-family property sales. CBRE has been the leader in Real Estate Alert’s overall rankings the last three out of the last four years.
Real Estate Alert, which tracks national commercial real estate sales of $25 million and greater, estimates that over $118.6 billion of commercial property was sold in the U.S. in 2011 – an increase of 55% over 2010. CBRE’s activity grew by more than 80% compared to the prior year.
“Our clients have placed their trust in our ability to deliver the best possible results in every property type, capital structure and market environment,” said Chris Ludeman, President of CBRE Capital Markets. “Real Estate Alert’s rankings are a powerful reaffirmation of the value our people and platform produce for our clients.”
Highlights from Real Estate Alert’s 2011rankings include:
- CBRE executed more than $6 billion in apartment sales for industry-leading market share of 21.7%, more than 400 basis-points than the nearest competitor.
- CBRE was the nation’s top firm in industrial sales, with $2.7 billion in transactions. CBRE’s market share of 42.8% was more than the next four competitors combined.
- CBRE’s recorded the highest market share in the sale of shopping centers—29.3%— based on $2.6 billion in transactions. CBRE sales growth over the prior year was more than 95%, four times the rate of the nearest competitor.
- CBRE’s office sales totaled $10 billion, more than double its $4.6 billion total in 2010, for a market share of 25%.
* Does not include CBRE’s individual property sales valued at less than $25 million, sales where CBRE represented the buyer or sales for a partial interest less than 50 percent. Information presented by Real Estate Alert has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable.
** Percentage of transactions which involved a broker; does not include direct transactions.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2011 revenue). The Company has approximately 34,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.com.