- The commercial real estate sector displayed resilience in Q3, continuing its gradual recovery despite ubiquitous uncertainty.
- The preference for and shortage of prime space was again pronounced across all three leasing sectors.
- Stimulated by heightened shortages of prime space, the Global Retail Rent Index recorded the strongest gain of all leasing sectors; regionally the Americas led.
- The Global Industrial Rent Index held firm this quarter, defying softening industrial indicators. Industrial logistics rent growth was relatively strongest in Asia Pacific.
- The global office leasing sector showed signs of consistent improvement, especially in the Americas.
- Global investors remained active and focused on prime property. Investment volumes are growing and capital values have broadly stabilized; regionally, capital values continued to strengthen in the Americas.
Download the Global MarketView (Q3 2012)