The following CBRE-managed properties were honored with 2013 TOBY® Awards:
- In the Over One Million Square Feet category, Century Plaza Towers in Los Angeles, California. The property is owned by institutional investors advised by J. P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets. Developed in 1974 and situated on 14 acres, Century Plaza Towers comprises two 44-story, Class A office buildings containing 2.3 million square feet with 330-degree views of Los Angeles, a four-acre centerpiece park and a subterranean parking garage with 5,907 spaces.
- In the 100,000 to 249,999 Square Feet category, Interchange Office Center in Dallas, Texas. The property is owned by CBRE Global Investors and is a 150,216-square-foot, Class A building along the Tollway Corridor in Far North Dallas.
- In the Suburban Office Park Mid-Rise category, Arboretum Plaza I & II in Austin, Texas. The property is owned by the Board of the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio. Arboretum Plaza I and II is a Class A office project consisting of two towers rising nine and six stories, respectively, and totaling 245,183 square feet. The property is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 183 and the Capital of Texas Highway in suburban northwest Austin.
- In the Government Building category, Seattle Municipal Tower in Seattle, Washington. The property is owned by the City of Seattle and, at 62 stories, is the one of the tallest buildings in Seattle.
- In the Medical Office Building category, Memorial Hermann Southwest Medical Plaza 2 in Houston, Texas. The property is owned by Memorial Hermann Health System and is a 174,440-square-foot, Class A building.
“We are honored to receive Five TOBY® Awards, which validate the effectiveness of our professionals’ collaboration with our clients in providing operational excellence to our buildings,” said Ed Schreyer, CBRE’s President, Agency and Asset Services, The Americas.
To win an International TOBY® Award, a property first must win both local and regional competitions. Judging is based on community impact, tenant/employee relations programs, energy management systems, accessibility for disabled people, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators. A team of expert industry professionals also conducted comprehensive building inspections.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2012 revenue). The Company has approximately 37,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.