Los Angeles, February 13, 2014 – CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) was the number one firm for commercial real estate investment sales in the U.S. during 2013, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA)—the eighth consecutive year that CBRE has claimed the top spot.
RCA credited CBRE with a 17.2% market share across all property types in 2013.* CBRE’s market share was 440 basis points (bps) better than the second-place firm.
In 2013, CBRE was the national leader in retail, industrial and multi-family sales, according to RCA.
RCA, which tracks national commercial real estate sales of $2.5 million and greater, estimates that approximately $318.2 billion of commercial real estate was sold in the U.S. in 2013 – an increase of 21% over 2012. CBRE’s investment sales volume grew at a faster pace than the market as a whole in 2013, rising by 35% to $57.4 billion, according to RCA.**
“The depth of our local market knowledge and our reputation with investors across markets, property types and capital structures has enabled us to once again produce strong results for our clients in 2013,” said Christopher Ludeman, Global President, CBRE Capital Markets.
Highlights from RCA’s 2013 rankings include:
- CBRE was the nation’s top firm in industrial sales, with $10.9 billion in transactions. CBRE’s market share of 25.4% was more than three times greater than the nearest competitor.
- CBRE executed $15.9 billion in apartment sales for an industry-leading market share of 15.0%, 460 bps better than the nearest competitor.
- CBRE recorded the highest market share—12.2%—in the retail sector, based on $6.9 billion in transactions.
- CBRE’s office sales totaled more than $21.7 billion for a market share of 21.1%, up from a market share of 16.0% in 2012.
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.
** Does not include CBRE’s individual property sales valued at less than $2.5 million, sales where CBRE represented the buyer, entity level transactions, land and senior housing sales. Information presented by RCA has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2013 revenue). The Company has approximately 44,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through approximately 350 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.