“A key to CBRE’s leadership position is delivering the broadest, deepest, highest-quality real estate solutions anywhere in the world and doing so through a foundation of responsible business practices. Corporate responsibility is a fundamental ingredient of our business success,” said Bob Sulentic, CBRE’s president and chief executive officer.
CBRE achievements highlighted in the report include:
- CBRE global corporate and employee donations reached their highest amount to date-$10.5 million-in 2014.
- Nearly 2,000 CBRE sales professionals were trained in sustainability fundamentals, a first for any real estate services firm.
- Expansion of CBRE’s workplace strategies initiative--CBRE Workplace 360--to 24 locations worldwide, totaling more than 550,000 sq. ft.; spaces are 38% more efficient with 71% fewer files than the offices they replaced.
- CBRE was designated as a best place to work for LGBT equality by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for the second consecutive year.
- In North America, CBRE amassed over 27 million hours without injury across nearly 90 different client accounts.
- CBRE earned an overall ISS Quickscore of 3, reflecting a continued emphasis on strong governance practices.
- CBRE elevated procurement to be the seventh pillar of its corporate responsibility program, reflecting a heightened focus on using the company’s multi-billion dollar global supply chain to promote sustainable business practices.
“Inside Advantage”, CBRE’s 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report, was developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 guidelines at the Core level and includes the company’s progress toward implementing the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
For the second year in a row, CBRE was included in both the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America and the FTSE4Good Index Series, reflecting the strength of its performance regarding environmental, social and governance issues. Additional recognition in 2015 includes being rated one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes magazine, inclusion in Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies for the third straight year, recognition as a World’s Most Ethical Company by The Ethisphere Institute for the second consecutive year and receiving an EPA 2015 Energy Star® Partner of The Year Sustained Excellence Award for the eighth year in a row.
More information on corporate responsibility at CBRE can be found at www.cbre.com/responsibility.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.