As Chief Executive Officer, the Americas, Jack Durburg oversees CBRE’s largest operating unit, a business with more than $7 billion of revenue and 35,000 employees. He has responsibility for all the firm’s geographies and business lines within the Americas region. Mr. Durburg serves as a member of the company’s Global Operating Committee, and also chairs the Americas Strategy Group.
Prior to his current role, Jack was Global President, Advisory & Transaction Services. CBRE’s Advisory & Transaction Services encompasses leasing across all product types (office, industrial and retail) for occupiers and investors as well as asset sales that are not income producing. Jack focused on driving strong growth and cementing CBRE’s market-leading position throughout all Advisory & Transaction Services product lines around the globe.
Earlier, Jack served as President, Central Division for CBRE. In this role, Jack directed a geographical division encompassing more than 25 offices across nine states, with responsibility for all lines of business.
Before that, Jack served as Executive Managing Director and overall market leader for CBRE’s Chicago region.
With 28 years in the business, Mr. Durburg is well versed in all aspects of commercial real estate and serves as an advisor to the leaders of major corporations and institutional owners. He is one of the foremost industry experts, a sought-after speaker and respected CBRE leader.
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Board Member, President (2006)
- ULI - Member
- The Economic Club of Chicago - Member
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “Who’s Who”, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “40 Under 40”, 2004
- Recipient, CBRE Chairman’s Excellence Award - recognizing the top Market Leader nationwide, 2007
- Recipient - CBRE President’s Award, 2002 and 2003
- Delta Mu Delta Academic Fraternity - Member since 1994
- Indiana University Bloomington - Kelley School of Business; Bachelor's Degree, Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services
- DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business - Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance