Terminus 100, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30305
John Ferguson is President of the Southeast Division. Prior to his presidency, Mr. Ferguson served as the Executive Managing Director for the Southeast Region. Mr. Ferguson has led CBRE’s Southeast Division since January 2011. His elevation to the President title reflects outstanding performance across a broad range of leadership attributes, including new business development, business and sales management, market and industry leadership, client relationships and people management.
As leader for the Southeast Division, Mr. Ferguson oversees operations in 21 market areas – Atlanta, Baltimore, Bethesda, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Charlotte, Charleston, Columbia, Ft. Lauderdale, Greenville, Jackson, Jacksonville, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh/Greensboro, Savannah, Tampa, Tysons Corner, and Washington, D.C. – and is the primary relationship manager for CBRE’s affiliate office in North Carolina. Among his many accomplishments is the acquisition and integration of three firms in the past 15 months
Prior to his regional appointment, Mr. Ferguson served as market leader for CBRE’s Atlanta office, where he was responsible for the activities of more than 500 professionals across the full spectrum of the Company’s business lines. Mr. Ferguson has received CBRE’s President’s Award on three occasions, recognizing his outstanding performance as Atlanta market leader.
He is a former tenant rep specialist in the Atlanta office, where he helped a wide range of companies to plan and execute their real estate strategies. Prior to entering the real estate field, he was President of a leading risk management and insurance firm’s Atlanta office.
Mr. Ferguson is a native of Athens, Georgia, and a graduate of The University of Georgia. He lives in Atlanta with his wife and two children.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, Past President, 2011
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Trinity Presbyterian Church, Member, Former Elder, Former Executive Committee Member
- Trinity School
− President of the Trinity School Parents’ Association, 2006
- Gridiron Secret Society
- Peachtree Golf Club
- Piedmont Driving Club and UGA Alumni Association
- CBRE Americas Strategy Group
- CBRE Executive Sponsor for Asia Pacific American Forum (APAF)
- CBRE Presidents Performance Award, 2007, 2008 & 2012
- CBRE America’s Presidents Advisory Council, 2005 & 2006
- CBRE Emerging Leaders Attendee, 2005
- B.B.A. in Finance, The University of Georgia