Thomas has hands-on commercial and residential valuations experience having been involved in many complex caluations and consultancy assignments including all types of residential property, CBD assets, commercial premises, neighbourhood shopping centres, industrial, sub-divisions and specialised assets.
In February 2014, Tom was appointed as a Fellow by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in recognition for his contribution to the Valuation industry.
Thomas commenced with CBRE in 2005 following the firm's acquisition of his DTZ Brisbane valuation business in Queensland, Australia. In 2008, Thomas was appointed as Regional Director of Residential Valuation Services for CBRE's Australian business. In this role, he was responsible for creating Australia's largest Residential Valuation business, which provided over 300,000 residential valuuations in the last financial year. In growing the Residential business, Thomas was responsible for a number of acquisitions, inclyding the largest within the Australian industry in 2011 when CBRE acquired Megaw & Hogg National Valuers.
Thomas' strengths in developing client relationships has ensured the Australian Residential Valuations business on the panel of all major financial institutions within the industry. He was also responsible for the development of TOPS, CBRE's industry leading Valuation Management and REport Generation Platform in Australia, as well as all of CBRE's Residential Valuation Quality Assurance and Risk minimisation strategies, processes and procedures in the Pacifc region. These pioneering concepts have ensured CBRE's marketing leading position in Residential Valuations in Australia.
In June 2013, Thomas was appointed Executive Managing Director of Valuation & Advisory Services for the Pacific region. In that role, he was responsible for the entire Valuations business line including Residential, Institutional, Commercial and Agribusiness valuations.
Thomas assumed overall leadership of CBRE's Asia Pacific Valuation & Advisory Services business line in July 2014 and has relocated to Asia, where he is based in the Singapore office.
Accreditations and affiliations
- Certified Practising Valuer, Associate of the Australian Property Institute
- Valuers Registration Board of Queensland
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Bachelor of Business - Property
- 2006 CBRE Bill Chillingworth Circle of Excellence for Excellence in Valuation & Advisory Services.
- 2009 CBRE "Professional of the Year" Buchanan Award for outstanding contribution to CBRE for Professionalism, Leadership, knowledge and enviable work ethic both internally and externally.
- 2013 Circle of Excellence MD/BLL/SS Leader Peer Recognition Award.
- National Australia Bank
- Commonwealth Bank
- Westpac Bank
- St George Bank
- ME Bank