Tokyo Office18/F, Meiji Yasuda Seimei Building
Tom Moffat has a combined background in investment sales and consulting and more than eight years of experience in the Asia Pacific real estate market. His strong understanding of real estate fundamentals and Asia Pacific markets has helped him successfully partner with clients throughout the region. Prior to working in Japan, Tom was based in Brisbane, undertaking investment sales in the local market.
Tom’s primary focus is advising international investors on real estate acquisitions in Japan, providing support for all areas of the transaction. Tom provides investors with greater transparency in the Japanese market and often acts on behalf of groups and companies without a physical presence in the country. His understanding of the Japanese real estate market and local practices helps these groups successfully transact assets. He also assists foreign investors to divest their Japanese real estate holdings to domestic or foreign investors.
Tom’s clients come from Asia Pacific, Europe and North America and include institutions, private equity groups and high-net-worth individuals.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Property Economics) – Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- Grove International
- Henderson Global Investors
- Macquarie Office Trust
- Merchant Capital
- Morgan Stanley
- AIG - Strategic analysis for potential acquisition
- CommerzReal - Buy-side advisory
- Deka - Buy-side advisory on multiple Japanese acquisitions
- Henderson Global Investors - Divestment of Japanese portfolio
- Macquarie Office Trust - Divestment of Japanese portfolio