Rules of the Program
- Our vision is that every homeless child in America will have an individual, personalized birthday cake on his/her birthday.
- Our goal is to establish the Birthday Cakes & More for Homeless Children Program in every city where our professionals work and live.
- The children do not need to say "thank you" for the cakes to CBRE or the shelter. Each child should be able to expect a cake on their birthday just as they should be able to expect food and shelter each day.
- The cakes are given on the child’s birthday. If two children have the same birthday, then two cakes will be provided.
- The cakes will be the same quality we give our own children.
- The cakes should never be taken away as punishment or leveraged as a reward. Each child should receive a cake on their birthday regardless of behavior.
- The shelter office should send receipt of a donation to CBRE at the end of each month.
- Eligible birthday cake recipients are children and youths ages 1 – 21.
- Each month the shelter will provide the CBRE representative with a list of birthday children and their respective names and ages.
- A copy of the shelter’s IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Verification Letter is requested.
If you would like more information about our Birthday Cakes & More program, please contact our national program coordinator Katherine Haug at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 602 735 1782.