EMEA Industrial & Logistics Capital Markets Snapshot Q1 2022
26 May 2022
European industrial and logistics investment continued strongly in Q1 2022, with a record first quarter
- European industrial investment saw an impressive 45% increase YoY to reach a record first quarter total of €16.5bn in Q1 2022.
- The stand-out performer in the quarter was Germany (+112% YoY), but huge increases were also recorded in Italy (112%), Norway (10x), Belgium (3x), Spain (5x) and Czech Republic (115%).
- As a result, even though the UK remained the largest market, with €4.6bn, volumes in Continental Europe were up 63% to €11.9bn.
- Of the total €67bn of capital flows into European I&L in the last 12 months, 66% were from within Europe.
- Domestic volumes were 59% higher at €28bn, there was a 50% rise in cross border investment and a 60% increase in North American flows.
- Despite the travel restrictions during and after the pandemic, Asian investor flows were up 46% in the last year to €3.2bn.