Alistair commenced his employment with CBRE in 2004 and has been a market leading retail leasing agent throughout region for these past 12 years. With over 17 years’ experience in real estate including over 14 years in the retail sector, he has developed a thorough knowledge of the ever changing retail market and has forged excellent relationships with owners and retailers alike, having worked to create some of Australia’s best known retail destinations, including the southern hemispheres largest homemaker centre Springvale Homemaker from design conception to fully leased. From a Landlord negotiation perspective, Alistair’s extensive experience in negotiating with major retailers including Tag Heuer, Coach, Bunnings, Aldi, Woolworths, Coles, Spotlight, The Good Guys and Harvey Norman. From a retail tenant representation perspective, Alistair continues to manage retailer property requirements for Tiffany & Co, Costco and Tesla Motors. Alistair also sits on the CBRE Australian Senior Leadership Board.
Alistair has a very strong background in retail lease negotiation and project marketing from his previous employment which included portfolio management on behalf of the Commonwealth Bank (Retail Branch Portfolio) and a residential project marketing role with the highly successful Sydney development company, Winten Property Group.
The retail property market is forever evolving and to stay in front of the curve Alistair maintains a position on the CBRE International Retail Council which consists of CBRE key retail executives from across the Globe who regularly share information on new retail concepts in addition to best practice shopping centre design and layout.
Very important to the growth and change of the retail landscape in Australia is associations that represent retailers and the retail property industry which is why Alistair is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centre’s (ICSC), further Alistair maintains a very strong relationship with the LFRA (Large Format Retailers Association) of which CBRE are platinum associate members and this relationship extends back over 15 years.
Professional Affiliations / Accrediations
- Member of ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centres)
- CBRE are a platinum associate member of the BGRA (Bulky Goods Retailers Association)
- Licenced Real Estate Agent Under the Property Stock and Business Agents Act.
- Divisional Councilor and Chairman for the Young Members for the Australian Property Institute (API) NSW in years 2007 and 2008.
- University of Technology – Bachelor of Property Economics.
- TAFE – Diploma in Business (Real Estate Management).
- Alistair was awarded the CBRE Bill Chillingworth Circle of Excellence award for excellence in Retail Services in 2007 and the State Managing Directors choice in 2011.
- BB Capital
- Bing Lee
- Charter Hall
- Coles Myer
- Consolidated Properties
- GWH Group
- Harvey Norman
- ING Funds Management
- James Fielding
- Korda Mentha
- MFS Diversified
- Reading Properties
- St Hilliers
- Spotlight Group
- Terrace Tower
- The Good Guys
- Tipplea Partners
- Alexandria NSW, Homemaker Centre
- Alexandria NSW, Megamart
- Artarmon NSW, Home HQ Northshore
- Auburn NSW, Megamart
- Auburn NSW, Redyard Outlet Centre
- Bankstown NSW, Home Central
- Bathurst NSW, Homemaker Centre
- Belrose NSW, Supa Centa
- Blacktown NSW, Megacenta
- Canberra NSW, DFO & Homemaker Hub
- Campbelltown NSW, Domayne Centre
- Campbelltown NSW, Tindall Centre
- Casula NSW, Crossroads Homemaker
- Broadway Sydney NSW, Central Park
- Maroochydore QLD Homemaker Centre
- Coffs Harbour NSW, Home Central
- Dubbo NSW, Homemaker Centre
- Dural NSW, The Hub
- West Gosford NSW, Home Central
- Liverpool NSW, Megacenta
- Maroochydore QLD, Maroochydore Homemaker
- Menai NSW, Menai Central
- Nowra NSW, House & Home
- Orange NSW, Homemaker Centre
- Penrith NSW, Homemaker Centre
- Rutherford NSW, Harvey Norman Centre
- Rutherford NSW, Hunter Supa Centre
- Tamworth NSW, Homespace
- Springvale VIC, Homemaker Centre
- Alexandria, Homemaker Centre NSW – $58 million
- West Gosford, Hometown NSW – $18million
- 152 Taren Point Road - $13million