Anthony F. Buono
As CBRE’s Executive Managing Director of Retail Advisory & Transaction Services in the Americas, Anthony Buono leads more than 500 professionals in providing Advisory & Transaction solutions to retailers and investors across the U.S., Canada and Latin America. He also serves as Chairman of CBRE’s Global Retail Executive Committee, driving the implementation of CBRE’s global retail strategy across the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Europe-Middle East-Africa region.
Anthony has overseen the growth of CBRE’s Americas Retail practice into the industry’s retail-market leader, representing more than 1,300 retailer brands while managing and leasing more than 400 million sq. ft. of retail property on behalf of retailers and investors. Under his leadership, CBRE arranged 11,375 sales and lease transactions in the Americas with a total value of $23.3 billion in 2016.
Anthony has been instrumental in authoring CBRE’s strategy to add Retail Science advisory solutions and deepen its transaction competency for world-class retailers and investors. His vision has been successful, catapulting CBRE into a diverse group of business sectors, including predictive science, food and beverage, luxury, street and urban environments, regional malls, restructuring and disposition and international cross border advisory for emerging markets. All of these businesses now are integrated within CBRE, and they deliver distinct solutions for clients that are differentiated in the market today.
Anthony helped add significant retail talent and expertise to CBRE’s ranks, including playing a key role in CBRE’s acquisitions of Philadelphia-based Fameco in 2013, Dallas-based UCR, Indianapolis-based Site Hawk Retail Real Estate and Chicago-based Forum Analytics in 2015 and Cleveland-based Sky Group in 2016.
Anthony joined CBRE in 1995 and has held various positions within the company, most recently Senior Managing Director of CBRE’s Investment Properties Western Region, where he helped the company achieve 2005 investment sales activity of $48 billion in total consideration, a record at that time. Prior to that role, he was a Managing Director for Retail Services’ Western Region. Prior to joining CBRE, he held asset management positions for Zurich Kemper, Donahue Schriber and Trizec Hahn, where he directed institutional ownership strategies for industrial, office and retail assets.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- Appointed CBRE Global Leadership Council, 2017
- Volunteer Advisor for Midtown Detroit, Inc. (2016-2017)
- Appointed Global Chairman, CBRE Retail Executive Committee (2015-2017)
- Completed Camino de Santiago solo, 37-Day, 840-KM Hike, France-Spain (2015)
- Board of Directors, JC Resorts, La Jolla, CA (2014-2017)
- Appointed Member of CBRE Americas Strategy Group (2010-2017)
- Appointed Executive Managing Director, Retail Services-Americas (2006)
- Appointed Senior Managing Director, Investment Properties (2005)
- Managing Member of Gurley Street Partners, LLC and its affiliates (2003-2017)
- Received the CBRE “James J. Didion Award” of excellence (2000)
- Appointed Managing Director, National Retail Services (1998)
- #1 Producer for CBRE’s Institutional Managed Retail Properties Group (1995-1997)
- Featured in national and regional publications including Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal, Shopping Centers Today, Women’s Wear Daily, National Real Estate Investor.
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education
- San Diego State University, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration