Ben Bastian joined CBRE Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance Group in Minneapolis in 2012. He focuses on structuring and brokering debt and structured capital on behalf of clients primarily in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market. As Vice President, Ben is clients’ single point of contact as he works on each stage of financing transactions from initial underwriting and marketing through to a successful execution and funding. He frequently collaborates with the Investment Properties, Multifamily Investment and Brokerage professionals within his market. Since joining CBRE, he has played a key role in the origination, underwriting and closing of more than $850 million in debt and equity transactions. Ben is experienced in financing office, multifamily, industrial, retail, hospitality, land/ground leases, owner-occupied and single-tenant net leased properties.
Through the CBRE platform, Ben represents a variety of capital sources and investors: life insurance companies, domestic and international banks, Wall Street sources (CMBS), Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD and investment banks.
Ben began his career in commercial real estate capital markets in 2005. Prior to joining CBRE, he was a member of Cushman & Wakefield of Minnesota’s Capital Markets Group, where he worked on the disposition of $2.0 billion of commercial properties. Ben has been an active member of NAIOP since 2006 and previously served as a Board Member on the Minnesota Chapter. Ben also currently serves on the One Village Partners (OVP) organizing committee, a group that partners with villages in Sierra Leone, West Africa to improve quality of life in their communities.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Salesperson
- University of St. Thomas Real Estate Alumni Council
- Past President and Vice President
- Council Member, 2005-Present
- Guest Lecturer at UST Master's and Undergraduate classes
- One Village Partners
- Volunteer and Organizing Committee Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Board Member, 2014-2015
- Chair, Developing Leaders Committee, 2012
- Member, Developing Leaders Committee, 2008-Present
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Member
- Guest speaker for NAIOP’s Educational Mini Series: The Real Estate Capital Stack
- CBRE's "Power of We" award recipient (2012)
- Community Service Award from Cushman & Wakefield of Minnesota (2007)
- University of St. Thomas – B.S. Real Estate Studies