Bob Marcusse joined CBRE in 2017 as Senior Vice President of Advisory and Transaction Services. Bob was previously the President of the Kansas City Area Development Council (KCADC) and was responsible for reporting to the co-chairs and board of directors for all phases of the regional economic development program. With its staff of 16 employees, The KCADC’s program serves 15 counties and a population of approximately 1.9 million people.
During Bob’s tenure with the KCADC, the Kansas City metropolitan area’s rate of growth exceeded the national average and, in most months from 1995 on, has led large-market Midwestern cities in rate of growth. Since 1991, over 200,000 jobs have been added to the Kansas City economy.
The KCADC created and operates a regional marketing program. Working with the states of Kansas and Missouri and numerous communities, the KCADC has successfully led efforts to attract major employers into the Kansas City area including New York Life, Transamerica Life, EDS, Gateway, AlliedSignal Aerospace, Harley-Davidson, Kansas International Speedway, Quintiles, Intervet and numerous other companies.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Kansas City Area Life Science Institute – Board Member
- American Heart Association – Vice Chairman, Kansas City Heart Walk
- The Civic Council of Greater Kansas City – Higher Education Task Force
- SmartPort – Founding Partner
- New Economy Council – Board Member
- Kansas City United Way – Loaned Executive
- Kansas City March of Dimes – Loaned Executive
- University of Kansas, Edwards Campus – Advisory Board
- Rockhurst University School of Business – Advisory Board
- International Development Research Council – Associate Member
- American Economic Development Council – Member
- New York Life
- TransAmerica Life
- AlliedSignal Aerospace
- Harley Davidson
- Kansas International Speedway