Brenda Gibson joined CBRE|Raleigh in March 2016 as a Senior Vice President on their Brokerage Services team. Here, she focuses on business development within all services lines. Mrs. Gibson joined the company after having a successful career at Highwoods Properties where she began brokerage in 1985. She continued on by starting an independent commercial real estate brokerage and consulting business in 2003. Some of her clients included First Citizens Bank, Regions Bank, Morgan Keegan, Park Sterling Bank and Johnson, Hearn, Vinegar and Gee PLLC.
A native to Raleigh, Mrs. Gibson has been active throughout the community. She has been a fund-raiser for the Easter Seal Society of North Carolina, the Triangle United Way, the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, and the Occoneechee Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Some of her major accolades include the 2003 Triangle Business Journal’s Women in Business award, the 2001 Dr. William M. Dunlap award in recognition of her service and dedication to the Hospice Mission by Hospice of Wake County and her recent achievement of the Chief’s Citation Award from the City of Raleigh Police Department for outstanding service in raising money to build the Fallen Officer’s Memorial in Downtown Raleigh.
- Board of Directors, Transitions LifeCare (formerly Hospice of Wake County)
- Chair, WakeMed Health & Hospital Board
- Former Chair and Board Member, WakeMed Foundation Board
- Former Vice Chair, WakeMed Foundation's Capital Campaign 2011
- Former Chair, Triangle Board of Directors for Regions Bank
- Former Board Member, Capital Bank
- Former Board Member, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce