Mr. Stoffers oversees the Debt & Structured Finance practice at CBRE. Under his leadership, nearly 140 professionals have originated approximately $216 billion in loan volume since 2007. Additionally, this practice maintains a loan services portfolio of more than $120 billion in the United States, while CBRE’s EMEA servicing portfolio has grown by an additional $24 billion.
Mr. Stoffers has extensive experience in the origination, structuring, placement, closing and servicing of commercial real estate debt for life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, savings and loans, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA and Wall Street sources.
Prior to the CB Richard Ellis acquisition of L.J. Melody in 1996, Mr. Stoffers was Senior Vice President and Southwest Regional Manager for CB Commercial's mortgage banking division. Mr. Stoffers began his career with Coldwell Banker Commercial in 1981 and became a senior real estate finance officer in the firm's La Jolla, CA, office.
- Contributor to and author of numerous industry articles published in national and local publications
- Experienced guest speaker, panelist and moderator for numerous organizations and industry conferences nationwide
- Mortgage Bankers Association's (MBA) 2015 Commercial Real Estate Finance (CREF) Distinguished Service Award recipient
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Mortgage Bankers Association – Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Chairman of task force on GSE Reform, Co-Chair of the Tax Reform Committee, past Chairman of the Capital Markets Committee
- National Multi-Housing Council – Board Member
- Urban Land Institute – Member Office Development Council
- Freddie Mac Multifamily Correspondent Advisory Council – Chairman: 2002, 2003
- Mortgage Bankers Association San Diego Chapter – President: 1990-1991; past member
- California Mortgage Bankers Association – Chairman of Income Property Committee: 1992-1994; Director: 1994-1996
- San Diego State University, Master of Business Administration; Finance
- California State University, Fullerton, Bachelor of Arts, Accounting; Minor, Real Estate