Chris Ludeman is Global President of Capital Markets for CBRE. CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm and ranked at #214 on Fortune’s 2017 list of the largest U.S.-based public companies. The firm spans more than 60 countries and has more than 75,000 employees.
Chris drives the company’s advisory business for investors, including responsibility for equity sales, debt and structured finance and real estate investment banking, both globally and in the Americas. In 2016, the company was the intermediary for more than $254 billion in capital markets engagements. He serves as a member of the Global Operating Committee and the Americas Operations Management Board.
During his 37 years in the industry and with CBRE, Chris has served in several key management roles, including serving as the president of various businesses including Brokerage, Transaction Management and Global Corporate Services. In these roles, Chris was responsible for all transaction units in the Americas as well as corporate outsourcing functions such as facilities management, project management, lease administration, transaction management and research and consulting. Prior to his national and international roles Chris served in several regional and local market leadership positions across the United States.
Chris began his career in 1980 with CBRE as a trainee.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Recipient, J. Frank Mahoney Award for Excellence in Management; CBRE- Multiple-year awardee
- Recipient, James J. Didion Award for Executive Excellence; CBRE
- Awarded, Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Club International
- Recipient, Distinguished Public Service Award, Government of the District of Columbia
- Recipient, Humanitarian Award, National Conference for Community and Justice (formerly National Conference for Christians and Jews)
- Instructor, Los Angeles Intercity schools for "Junior Achievement" (former)
- Board Member, Morgan State University Foundation (former)
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Managers; Member
- Urban Land Institute; Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers; Member
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate; Board Member and Executive Committee
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts
- Stanford University, Executive Education