R. Christian Sonne is an Executive Vice President and Director of Specialty Practices for Valuation and Advisory Services. Chris's appraisal experience includes office buildings, commercial retail, industrial, single and multi-family, motels, raw land, subdivisions, special use, proposed developments and self-storage throughout the United States and Canada. Mr. Sonne specializes in self-storage and his expertise in self-storage has led to data, research, market reports, feasibility, valuation, and consultation in the economics of self-storage. Mr. Sonne has been a featured or keynote speaker at over a dozen self-storage related conferences and is the author of the, “"Self Storage Economics and Appraisal" seminar sponsored by The Appraisal Institute, which has been taught in twelve states since 2004. The Appraisal Institute published his book on self-storage valuation in 2012.
- Counselor of Real Estate (CRE)
- Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- California Appraisal General Certification (AG 004891)
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science-University of Utah