Chris Bodnar serves as Vice Chairman and Co-Head of Healthcare & Life Sciences Capital Markets at CBRE. CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm and ranked at #128 on Fortune’s 2020 list of the largest U.S.-based public companies. The firm spans more than 100 countries and has more than 90,000 employees.
CBRE’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Capital Markets specializes in providing healthcare real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and recapitalization strategies; assisting providers with strategic capital planning (including monetization and capital raising efforts); and advising health systems, biotech companies and physician groups in the developer selection process.
Mr. Bodnar has advised on some of the industry’s most notable monetization assignments, including over $1 billion in value on behalf of one of the largest Catholic health systems in the United States. Over his career, Mr. Bodnar has been involved in the disposition of over 50 million square feet of commercial assets, exceeding a total value of $12 billion on behalf of his clients. He is the youngest investment sales broker to be appointed to Vice Chairman in the company’s history.
In 2013, Mr. Bodnar was named the “Healthcare Real Estate Executive of the Year” by Healthcare Real Estate Insights™ (HREI). The award was judged based on the “…demonstration of leadership in the healthcare real estate sector, demonstrated excellence in the use of strategy, innovation and creativity, significant contributions to professional healthcare real estate organizations and other contributions including teaching/mentoring, presenting, judging and publishing."
Representative Disposition Assignments
- Catholic Health Initiatives Medical Office Portfolio - $1,005,000,000
- MBRE Medical Office Recapitalization - $590,000,000
- IRET Medical Office Portfolio - $367,700,000
- HSRE Medical Portfolio - $237,000,000
- First Hill Medical Pavilion - $199,000,000
- Dignity Health Medical Office Portfolio - $161,000,000
- Mission Health / Providence Medical Portfolio - $150,000,000
- Piedmont West Medical Office - $114,000,000
- Indiana Orthopaedic & Spine Hospital - $97,000,000
- Mass Eye & Ear Longwood Outpatient Center - $93,100,000
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (Top 3% Producer in the Americas)-5 Time Recipient
- ULI Healthcare & Life Sciences - Council Member
- Co-Chair – National BOMA Medical Office and Healthcare Real Estate Conference
- 2017 Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt.com “Fifty Under 40” Award Winner
- 2017 DMCAR and Denver NAIOP “Investment Broker of the Year”
- 2013 Healthcare Real Estate “Executive of the Year” (Healthcare Real Estate Insights)
- Board Member – Children’s Hospital of Colorado Foundation - 2221 Society
- “Innovators Circle” for National Jewish Health
- Volunteer – Denver Scholarship Foundation
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, emphasis in Real Estate and Marketing