Craig Henig is Senior Managing Director of CBRE’s Phoenix office and also serves as Arizona market leader. Additionally, Mr. Henig co-leads the Southwest Market Area, overseeing Advisory Services including Advisory and Transaction Services, Capital Markets, Investor Services, Valuation, Debt & Structured Finance, Labor Analytics, Transaction Management and Occupier Services for the Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City offices. Mr. Henig’s extensive background in corporate services, brokerage, property management and project management, as well as his deep relationships within the Arizona business community, allow him to provide superior client service and lead professionals across multiple business lines and geographies.
Prior to joining CBRE in November 2006 as part of the corporate merger with Trammell Crow Company (TCC), Mr. Henig was Senior Vice President and Area Director for TCC's Phoenix office from 2003 to 2006, where he oversaw all aspects of the Arizona operations, including corporate services, brokerage, property management and project management for corporate and institutional clients. Under Mr. Henig’s leadership, the office, which posted a loss in 2003, grew in revenue 282% by 2006. Mr. Henig also increased its managed and leased portfolio from 4 million square feet to over 25 million square feet. In addition, the company's ranking rose from near the bottom of the top ten to second among the Valley's full-service commercial real estate firms.
Mr. Henig served in a similar position for Insignia/ESG from 2000 to 2003, as Executive Managing Director/Designated Broker for the Arizona Region. Under his leadership, Insignia/ESG's Arizona office climbed from fourth to second in all lines of business.
From 1997 to 2000, Mr. Henig was Senior Vice President for MACK-CALI, where he established and supervised the Arizona office, managing a portfolio of over 3.5 million square feet in Arizona, Dallas and Denver. His duties included leasing, management, acquisition, disposition and development of office properties.
From 1990 to 1997, Mr. Henig served as Vice President and assisted The Mack Company in the leasing, management, acquisition and development of more than 5 million square feet of industrial and office properties valued in excess of $400 million. He also assisted in the due diligence and operating a $500 million portfolio acquisition from the Resolution Trust Corporation for Mack Company's affiliate, Patriot American Corporation.
Mr. Henig began his commercial real estate career in 1987 as a leasing agent for Cushman & Wakefield.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Board Member - National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Member - Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC)
- Member - Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce
- Member - Valley Partnership
- Member - ASU Real Estate Council
- Former Board Member of Sunrise Bank Of Arizona
- 2017 CBRE Global Workplace Solutions LMA Partnership Award
- 2015 CBRE Global Workplace Solutions LMA Partnership Award
- 2012 Phoenix Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs
- Phoenix Business Journal’s Who’s Who of the Decade
- Twenty-five people who influenced the commercial real estate market from 2000 – 2009
- 2008 President’s Performance Award
- The Award recognizes Manager(s) who have distinguished themselves through financial or other extraordinary performance over the prior year.
- 2004 Phoenix Business Journal's "40 Under 40" Business Executives in Arizona.
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration and Political Science