David Barry is a Director, Financial Services for CBRE Limited and is responsible for all facets of financial modelling, due dilligence and valuation throughout Alberta. In total, he has been involved in the underwriting and valuation of real estate worth more than $5 billion. He has 16 years experience in the commercial real estate industry, including 10 years with one of the leading pension fund managers in Canada.
- CBRE - Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – General - 2001
- AACI (Accredited Appraiser of the Canadian Institute)
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Commerce
- Cadillac Fairview
- Beutel Goodman
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Royal Bank
- GWL Realty Advisors
- Hopewell Development Corporation
Financial Modeling And Underwriting
- Standard Life, a $150 million portfolio of Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa and Toronto office buildings.
- Prudential of America, a $500 million portfolio of real estate from Vancouver to Halifax.
- Roycom Retail Portfolio, $40 million of retail and office properties from Halifax to Edmonton.
- The Hopewell Business Park, 100 acres of prime industrial/retail development land in notheast Calgary.
- The one million sq. ft. ONTREA industrial portfolio in Calgary
Esso Plaza, Amoco Building, Gulf Canada Square, Altius Centre, Western Gas Tower, downtown Calgary office buildings
North Hill Mall, Calgary and Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre, Edmonton: regional shopping centre redevelopment projects.
- Montreal Eaton Centre and Centre Laval in Quebec as well as Cottonwood Mall and Pine Centre in British Columbia, in total representing over $200 million of real estate.
- The $100 million Stewart Green Alberta retail portfolio.
- The $10 million Alberta Treasury Branch development in downtown Calgary.
- TD Centre, the dominant office project in Winnipeg.
Asset Management Strategies
- The 1.1 million sq. ft. Western Canadian Place for Husky Oil.
- The Imperial Oil Research Centre in Calgary.
- The Sunridge Professional and Retail Project.
- The Bow Valley Square office complex.
- Scotia Place, a 500,000 sq. ft. office complex in Edmonton.
- Riverview Business Park, a 400,000 sq. ft. warehouse portfolio in Calgary.
- A 160,000 sq. ft. lease renewal in downtown Edmonton.
Valuation and Advisory Services
- Canterra Tower, Ernst & Young Tower (Millenium Centre), Bow Valley Square, Fifth Avenue Place, Amoco Centre, Telus Tower, Encor Place and Gulf Canada Square in downtown Calgary.
- Southwood Corner, Trans Canada Centre, Terra Losa Shopping Centre, Crossroads Shopping Centre and various other retail projects in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.