A registered architect with 30 years of experience, David has a passion for strategic leadership for the design and construction of Life Science, Technology, Workplace, and Education environments. He has led teams through the visioning, planning, design, and delivery on many large, complex, and sustainable projects. David drives innovative solutions through a deep understanding of client stakeholder expectations, alignment of design with project goals, in a team-based environment.
- Amgen, So San Francisco, CA – 95,000 sf. ASF2 / ASF4 Lab-of-the-Future design for chemistry and biology labs. Collaborative Integrated Project Delivery.
- Bayer CropScience, Davis, CA – 160,000 sf. Biology and plant research labs, insectaries, pilot plant, research greenhouses, workplace. Design-Build delivery.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Redwood City, CA - 300,000 sf. Adaptive re-use tenant improvements for immuno-oncology lab, office, and vivarium renovation.
- Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, CA. 64,000 sf. New stem cell research and office building including labs, biospecimen storage, vivarium, and workplace.
- China Basin Bio-Science Building, San Francisco, CA – 145,000 sf. 2-story vertical lab, clinic, and office addition to an existing facility occupied by UCSF.
- DuPont, Palo Alto, CA – 16,000 sf. Master plan and lab renovation for high-throughput industrial research labs, robotic screening, analytical modeling.
- Genentech Virology Disease Biology Area, South San Francisco, CA – 177,000 sf. Lab / office for biology, pharmaceutics, chemical synthesis, molecular medicine.
- Genentech, So San Francisco, CA - 160,000 sf. Hilltop-A high-rise office building and employee center with cafeteria for new advanced workplace. LEED Gold.
- Gilead, Foster City, CA - 130,000 sf. B324 and B353 Advanced Workplace new model design of office environments for administrative and research functions.
- Merck/Rosetta, Seattle, WA – 133,000 sf. Tenant improvements for personalized medicine with gene expression labs, biology, chemistry, data center, offices.
- Theranos, Palo Alto and Newark, CA – 160,000 sf. Headquarters, biology and chemistry labs, analytical labs, cGMP manufacturing, device assembly space.
- Architectural Foundation of San Francisco
- Lean Construction Institute
- Masters Degree, Architecture, University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelors Degree, Environmental Design, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Clorox, Technical Center. Pleasanton, CA – 250,000 sf. Masterplanning for home care, car care, and food products development research groups.
- UC Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley Campus. Santa Clara, CA - 95,000 sf. Tenant improvements for classrooms, computer labs, maker spaces, digital studios.
- UCSF, San Francisco, CA – 71,000 sf. Broad Center new stem cell and imaging lab with seismic base isolation, integrated design-build delivery. LEED Gold.
- UCSF Sandler Neuroscience Building 19A, San Francisco, CA – 250,000 sf. Basis of design, code analysis, and medicinal chemistry lab renovations.
- UCSF Mission Bay Campus Community Center, San Francisco, CA – 156,000 sf. New fitness and conference center at the heart of the Mission Bay Campus.
- Samsung Biologics, Songdo, South Korea – 110,000 sf. New research center and pilot plant connected to biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- NOAA, Pearl Harbor, Hawai’i – 370,000 sf. Adaptive re-use of historic World War II aircraft hangers into new veterinary and marine research headquarters.
- Stanford University Pathology Blood Center Clinics. Palo Alto, CA – 50,000 sf. Academic research including blood draw, organ matching, histology, offices.
- Genencor International Technology Center. Palo Alto, CA – 128,000 sf. New industrial biotechnology HQ, including research, cGMP pilot plant, and offices.
- Genentech Masterplan. Singapore. Master plan to consolidate and connect Genentech and LONZA campuses, including tenant improvements and site work.
- J&J / Scios cGMP Manufacturing. Fremont, CA – 220,000 sf. New scale-up manufacturing validated process suites, chemistry labs, office and conference.
- J&J / ALZA ETAL 1/2, OROS. Vacaville, CA – 110,000 sf. Campus masterplan, code analysis, and cGMP solid oral dose tablet production facilities.
- Life Technologies Corporate Campus. Pleasanton, CA – 300,000 sf. New chemistry/biology research labs with DNA/gene analysis, central utilities plant.
- Cedars-Sinai, ODTC Research Facility. Los Angeles, CA – 500,000 sf. New translational medical research building with outpatient diagnostics / treatment.
- UC Davis, Veterinary Medicine 3B. Davis, CA – 115,000 sf. New research building for veterinary biosciences and medicine including BSL3 and imaging.
- Pepperdine University, Keck Science Building. Malibu, CA – 20,000 sf. Teaching laboratories for Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Marine Biology, Physiology.
- Confidential Project. Zhuhai, China – 300,000 sf. Developer-led new research and cGMP pharmaceutical test-kit manufacturing clean room and research facility.