Derek Fohl joined CBRE as a member of the highly competitive Wheel Program in 2011. The esteemed CBRE Wheel Program is a 12-month rotational program designed to give a selective group of CBRE Professionals an in-depth and rigorous foundation in the commercial real estate industry. Derek rotated through four of CBRE’s business lines; Asset Services, Agency Leasing, Institutional Investment Properties, and Debt and Equity Finance, with a primary focus on Office properties. Since 2012, he has been a member of the CBRE Capital Markets specializing in institutional and private capital owned office market transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Derek worked at Next Realty assisting in the Acquisition and Leasing of retail assets. He has also held a position at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as Sales Professional providing Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management services to real estate owners, operators, and developers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Indiana University Alumni Association (IUAA) - Board Member
- DePaul Real Estate Alumni Alliance (DREAA) - Member
- Real Estate Investment Association (REIA) - Member
- Big Shoulders Fund - Auxiliary Board Member
- Urban Land Isstitute (ULI) - Member
- U.S. Green Building Council - LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE
- DePaul University – M.B.A. Class of 2013 Candidate with a Concentration in Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Indiana University - B.S. in Business with a Major in Marketing and Concentration in International Studies
- Licensed Real Estate Broker - Illinois and Indiana