As a Senior Project Manager with CBRE, Derek provides an extraordinary level of service to help clients plan, build, and occupy their workplace. Derek is a seasoned Program & Project Management professional with more than 15 years of experience in Design, Construction & Commercial Real Estate projects throughout the United States. His background in architecture and construction combined with his professional experience makes him an asset for a wide variety of project phases and key themes such as cost risk mitigation, quality control and scheduling. Derek is dedicated to exceeding client expectations with his creative solutions, analytical approach, and sharp attention to detail.
To date, Derek has managed several projects in commercial office, hospitality, public and private sectors. He has proven success managing construction teams, workplace strategy, budget and schedule preparation, FF&E/IT procurement, and closeout. Prior to joining CBRE, Derek was a Senior Project Manager & Program Manager with Himes Associates.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Associate AIA
- Judson University, Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
- AOL, Inc. (OATH) | Tenant Improvement | 10,000 SF | Confidential
- Axiom Law | Tenant Improvement | 85,000 SF | Confidential
- Digital Realty | Interior Fit-Out | 100,000+ SF | Confidential
- Regus (multiple locations) | Tenant Improvement | Varies | Confidential
- Servcorp (multiple locations) | Tenant Improvement | Varies | Confidential
- Normal Readiness Center, National Guard; CDB-IL | Ground-up | 60,000 SF | $15M
- Prairie Power Plant Station | Decommissioning | 35,000 SF | Confidential
- Amano Enzyme | Production Facility; Pre-Construction Management & Shell | 50,000 SF | Confidential
- Argo High School | Phased Interior Renovations | 17,000 SF | $11M
- Amano Enzyme
- AOL, Inc.
- Argo High School
- Axiom Law
- Digital Realty
- ICN - Naperville
- O'Hare Airport
- Osram Contiental
- Prairie State