Dean has managed the sales and marketing of Lakeside Hills, a 235-acre mixed-use development. The Lakeside development includes a 30-acre anchored shopping center, a 1,000,000 square foot office development, an upscale retirement community, a fitness center, luxury apartments, and a health campus that includes Lakeside Hospital. Dean has also been instrumental in the development of Southport West, a 137-acre mixed-use development in the Southwest Omaha area which includes Cabela’s, two John Q. Hammons hotels, Costco, Alamo Theatre, Shoppes at Southport West and the La Vista Conference Center. Below is a list of the major sales transactions Dean has handled in the last few years.
In July 2019, CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE) acquired CBRE|MEGA, a long-standing joint affiliate and the leading full-service commercial real estate services operation in Omaha.
Dean Hokanson is Senior Vice President of CBRE. He has been with the firm since 1984. During this period, Dean has raised in excess of $30,000,000 in equity capital for sponsored real estate investments and has specialized in the sale and leasing of institutional grade real estate. Dean has also been instrumental in growing the firm’s property management portfolio.
Dean has been an integral part of the development team for numerous apartment, office, shopping center, and industrial properties. He has been interviewed by the local media for his knowledge and perspective on real estate in the Omaha market.
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Nebraska and Iowa
- 2016 Hall of Fame Inductee - Commercial Real Estate Summit
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers, (ICSC)
- Former Board Member, Bishop and Trustees, Episcopal Diocese of Nebraska
- Shareholder and Officer, CBRE|MEGA
- Chairman of SID 214 and 253
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Shopping Center - 212,000 SF
- Office Sale - 170,000 SF
- Office Sale - 92,000 SF
- Office Sale - 88,000 SF
- Apartment Portfolio Sale - 642 Units
- Apartment Sale - 276 Units
- Apartment Sale - 192 Units
Des Moines, IA
- Commercial Land Sales - 89 Acres
La Vista, NE
- Immanuel Hospital
- Lakeside Plaza, L.P.
- Raytheon Corporation
- Southport West Partners, LLC
- Twin Creek Plaza, L.P.
- Invesco Realty Advisors
- ITEC Properties
- Real Estate Capital Partners
- Time Equities, Inc.
- Wells Real Estate Funds