Don Shupe, along with his business partner Heath Chapman, have established one of the premier Occupier Services teams in Raleigh-Durham. With over 32 years of commercial real estate experience with an emphasis on class A office leasing, Don has been involved in several hundred lease transactions involving many of the premier institutional grade corporations located within the Raleigh-Durham area.
Don has been past President of the Research Triangle Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) and TRAOBA (Triangle Area Office Building Association), as well as a lengthy tenure on the Board of Directors for each respective organization. He spent several years as an active member of the Durham Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. In addition, Don currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
In recent years, Don has been involved in several of the Raleigh-Durham area's most significant lease transactions: Captrust Financial Advisors’ recent renewal and expansion within their tower at North Hills; representation of the K&L Gates Law Firm’s Raleigh and Durham offices; Apptio's entry and subsequent expansion within the market; Bank of America/Merrill Lynch's relocation and consolidation into a new office tower at North Hills; renewal of Raleigh Radiology's West Raleigh location; the expansion and relocation of Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau into a historic downtown Durham redevelopment; Arch Global’s significant anchor tenancy within Downtown Raleigh’s “The Dillon” office tower.
The team has also recently completed a number of global, overseas assignments on behalf of SAS Software and continues to assist several clients with transaction management throughout the continental United States.
- Board of Trustees, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Board Member, Durham Chamber of Commerce, 2015-2018
- President, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2003
- Board Member, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2002 – 2006
- President, Triangle Area Office Building Association, 1995
- Board Member, Triangle Area Office Building Assoc. (8 years)
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker’s License
- Triangle Community Coalition, Board Member 2005-2008
- Wake County Education Business Alliance Regional Chair
- Member, CBRE Global Life Sciences Group
- Kenyon College, Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1981
- Apptio, Inc.
- Arch Global
- Ascension Insurance
- Bohler Engineering
- Captrust Financial Advisors (national representation)
- Cline Design Associates
- Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Global Knowledge (national representation)
- HTC America Innovation
- Informa Business Intelligence
- Kacvinsky Daisak Bluni, PLLC
- K&L Gates LLP
- Misys Healthcare
- Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
- Pairwise Plants
- PSA Healthcare
- Raleigh Durham Medical Group
- Raleigh Radiology
- SAS Software (global representation)
- Triangle Community Foundation
- Tribune Media
- US Oncology
- Womble Bond Dickinson
- Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP