Doug Birrell joined CBRE Capital Markets, Debt & Structured Finance in 2004. Since that time he has successfully arranged financing for more than $1 Billion in commercial real estate properties nationwide. These deals include acquisitions, refinances, rehabs and ground-up construction projects.
Mr. Birrell specializes in structuring, underwriting, placing and closing customized loans that optimize client objectives. He has strong relationships with a large variety of capital sources including government-sponsored agencies (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and HUD), life insurance companies, CMBS’, banks and debt funds. In addition to arranging financing for every major property type, Mr. Birrell has sourced funding for niche property types, such as student housing, self-storage, convenience stores and single-tenant properties. He finances both investor-owned and owner-occupied properties and has placed permanent, construction, bridge and SBA financing with more than 50 unique capital sources.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
Licensed Utah Real Estate Agent
National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) – Member
Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) – Member
CBRE Salt Lake City Advisory Board – Member
- CCIM Excellence Award Finalist – Mortgage Banker of the Year Award (Not a Direct Lender), 2018
- Top 10 Producer – CBRE Salt Lake City, 2017
- Most Profitable Division Award – CBRE Salt Lake City, 2013-2014, 2017
- Specialty Professional of the Year Award – CBRE Salt Lake City, 2011, 2013, 2017
- Most Profitable Small Office Award – CBRE DSF, 2016
- Quality Excellence Award – CBRE Salt Lake City, 2009