Doug Seylar is the Managing Director of the Minneapolis office for CBRE Capital Markets Debt and Structured Finance, and a Senior Vice President making debt and structured finance placements for the company across the United States, primarily in the Minneapolis/St. Paul marketplace.
Mr. Seylar began his real estate career with Eberhardt Company in 1984 and enjoyed a 15-year career there, serving as Senior Vice President originating debt and equity placements. Mr. Seylar joined L.J. Melody & Company (now CBRE Capital Markets) following the company’s acquisition in 1999.
In 2005 and 2006, Mr. Seylar was among the top 225 of 3,000 incentive compensated CBRE professionals in the Americas. Since 2000, he has been involved in closing over $3.7 billion of commercial real estate loans. Mr. Seylar has a broad range of experience in the origination, structuring, placement, closing and servicing of commercial real estate debt and equity for life insurance companies, pension funds, government sponsored entities (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), and Wall Street sources (CMBS).
Mr. Seylar specializes in structuring and negotiating real estate financings for corporate clients, real estate investors and developers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Salesperson
- Member, Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA)
- Member, Minnesota Bankers Association
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science; Landscape Architecture and Community Planning
- University of Minnesota, Post Graduate Education, Commercial Real Estate / Development
- Over $1 million in fee productions in 8 of the past 10 years
- Top 225 CBRE Americas; 2005, 2006
- Speaker at various commercial real estate industry groups on financing topics
- Chairman’s Club Award winner for CBRE Minneapolis office (awarded to top revenue producers)
- University of Minnesota Foundation – Real Estate Advisory Council
- Youth Basketball Coaching
- Boy Scouts of America
- Meritex Enterprises
- Investors Real Estate trust
- Zeller Realty
- Jerry's Enterprises
- Hillcrest Development
- Shafer Richardson
- Carlson Real Estate Company