Ed is passionate about telling stories. Visual stories that are interesting and vivid. Stories that are based on left-brain fact but evoke right-brain emotion to drive action. Focused on differentiation to create a unique and rewarding experience, he believes that maximizing business development and sustaining growth and performance depends on understanding human behavior and demand. Ed is committed to inspiring and developing others to recruit, retain, and empower top talent. His areas of focus include the following:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Brand differentiation
- Team leadership and development
- Evidence-based decision analysis
- Transformational programs and change initiatives
Ed serves as the Director of Business Analytics under Americas Finance. Working with the brightest minds to focus on the organization from a business perspective, the team will unite and analyze vast stores of information and use it to drive action and growth.
Aggregate silos of information to explore and investigate business performance. Connect the dots to explain what is happening, why it is happening, and predict what happens next if trends continue. Further understand our best customers and who our next best customer may be.
Reveal new insight and understanding of business performance based on data. Develop a consistent view and common language to cut through noise and focus on key takeaways. Paint a clear picture to executives and senior leadership of where we are in relation to our destination; tell a compelling story based on facts that facilitates action and progress.
Combine financial and observational data to measure performance and facilitate business planning. Produce evidence-based insight that empowers leadership to make the best and most timely decisions. Utilize information to drive sustainable profitability and growth.
As the former Marketing Director of Greater Los Angeles and Orange County, Ed provided strategy and leadership for a team of twenty creative professionals across eight offices in one of the largest and highest-producing regions in the company. Highlights include the following:
Reorganized department and elevated team as marketing professionals. Recruited new talent and mentored each person with emphasis on their unique strengths to develop and retain top talent. Facilitated strong team collaboration and communication through custom training programs, face-to-face interaction, and shared values and goals.
Implemented innovative solutions to win and retain business. Championed human-led presentations where effective visuals and key points complement and facilitate live storytelling. Improved quality of deliverables significantly through technology, superior design, and intuitive user interface planning.
Increased productivity and team effectiveness substantially. Created new processes, assigned complementary strike teams to put the right team on the field for each project, and engineered greater efficiency of time, budget, and resources to positively affect performance of the business.
Previously, Ed served as Vice President of Marketing for MPG Office Trust / Maguire Properties. Directing marketing for the REIT’s trophy portfolio, development pipeline, and $6B of transactions, Ed provided strategy and leadership including the following highlights:
- Analyzed and provided new insight on fundamental reasons why occupancy, revenue, and lease rates were declining.
- Redefined company’s core purpose and initiated transformational programs to drive alignment. Executed rebranding in-house saving $1M. Founder of MPG-U learning center, leading customer service training for 1,000 employees and cultivating engagement, collaboration, and increased productivity.
- Developed differentiated strategy of service and amenities for flagship properties. Led retail improvement program to control the premium segment rather than discounting our core product to compete on price. Boosted revenue to $547M by supporting leasing of 3M feet of space and driving significant change initiatives that improved brand equity and customer loyalty.
- Directed the creative design department, overseeing marketing for all properties and construction of six buildings. Maximized sales activity by creating custom-tailored sales presentations and converting vacant spaces into stunning leasing showrooms.
- Proven record of implementing big ideas with modest budgets: $1.8M in annual savings and reduced year-over-year marketing expenses by 76%, 11%, and 80%.
Ed is a 2013 recipient of the RISE Award, presented for the best representation of CBRE’s core values of respect, integrity, service and excellence. As an individual who has made a significant impact regionally and nationally, Ed has helped to implement new best practices, contribute to the success of a national initiative and positively affect the efficiency and performance of the business. Every member of the 20-person department earned this distinction under Ed’s leadership – the first time an entire team has won this prestigious honor at CBRE.