Garry Beres joined CBRE Limited in 1993 as part of a new ownership/management team in Alberta. Since that time, CBRE has increased its staffing in Calgary to over 100 personnel, with over 30 sales professionals. The office also offers appraisal services, asset and property management and development services. An Edmonton office was opened in early 1995 and now has over 25 personnel with 15 sales professionals who are active in all areas of the business.
At this time, CBRE is the largest commercial real estate broker in Alberta by most measures, including number of brokers and volume of business transacted.
Garry is the senior member of the CBRE National Investment Team - Calgary. The group is the most active investment team in the Calgary market.
Garry has developed numerous relationships in Canada and abroad during his 37 year career with a diverse group of private, public and institutional investors. Garry has worked in all aspects of the investment market and travels extensively to promote CBRE's property offerings.
Garry worked as a sales representative with Xerox of Canada from 1973 to 1979 before embarking on his commercial real estate brokerage career. From 1979 to 1993, Garry worked with Knowlton Realty in Calgary, followed by his association to date with CBRE Limited.
- CBRE - Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – General - 2014
- Colbert Coldwell Circle - 2014
- CBRE - Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – General - 2011
- CBRE - Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – General - 2001
Garry has a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Alberta and a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the University of British Columbia.
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Berezan Management
- Brookfield Properties
- Centron Group
- City of Calgary
- GWL Realty Advisors
- Hanover Development
- Husky Energy
- Hydro Quebec
- Narland Properties
- Oxford Properties
- Shaw Communications
- Standard Life
- Sun Life of Canada
- Sale of the 606,912 square foot Hanover industrial portfolio in Calgary
- Sale of the 537,859 square foot Marlborough Mall in Calgary
- Sale of Energy Plaza in Calgary, a 485,300 square foot downtown office building
- Sale of Fifth Avenue Place in Calgary, a 1,551,000 square foot downtown office complex
- Sale of Glenmore Centre in Calgary, a 618,000 square foot industrial portfolio
- Sale of the 702,122 square foot Renoir industrial portfolio in Calgary
- Sale of Palliser Square in Calgary, a 632,313 square foot downtown office/retail complex
- Sale of the 416,073 square foot Watermark Tower office building in downtown Calgary
- Sale of Scotia Centre in Calgary, a 566,000 square foot downtown office building
- Sale of the 1,098,075 square foot Western Canadian Place office complex in Calgary
- Sale of 50% of Gulf Canada Square in Calgary, a 1,074,125 square foot downtown office building
- Sale of Altius Centre, a 336,991 square foot downtown office building in Calgary
- Sale of Calgary Place, a 573,209 square foot downtown office complex
- Sale of 356,756 square foot Centre 10