In the 1980s, Mr. Housman worked as a loan originator for Great Western Bank and was also in multi-family loan placement for a large national multi-family developer. In the early 1990s, he became a commercial real estate appraiser and was designated MAI by the Appraisal Institute in 1995 after working as an MAI candidate in Jacksonville and in Miami. Since 1995, Mr. Housman has worked as a commercial mortgage banker with a multi-family focus and he maintains that position today with CBRE as one of the company's top originators. Mr. Housman represents numerous life insurance companies, wall street conduits, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA.
Mr. Housman was the top originator at Grandbridge before joining CBRE and has been the top loan originator in CBRE’s Orlando office since 2001. He has originated hundreds of apartment loans and is one of CBRE's leading GSE producers. He has delivered over $1 Billion to Freddie Mac alone. He began his GSE lending career in Miami Florida specializing in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac production.
Mr. Housman has particular expertise with the GSEs and Wall Street conduits. He works almost exclusively with borrowers on a direct basis and originates loans all across the country with an emphasis on the East Coast, Texas and the Southeast. Mr. Housman maintains a solid pipeline of business working with borrowers, who in several cases, have followed him for over a decade. Always looking to expand his advisory practice, Mr. Housman welcomes new clients every year and is known for his hands on direct approach, excellence in customer service, speed, and the extra attention to detail necessary for smooth executions in today's more complicated lending paradigm. He has never had a loan cut and maintains a 100% batting average of delivering exactly what was signed up with no surprises. Mr. Housman works on smaller simple transactions and larger very complicated deals as well. Most of his transactions are higher leverage 80% loans. He has a reputation for somehow getting some things approved that have never been approved before and has several "firsts" chalked up to his production efforts over the years including loan document changes, atypical deal structures, and underwriting changes as well.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- MAI - Member of the Appraisal Institute, 1995
- Invited speaker at a variety of industry conferences and events
- Published expert in the area of multifamily financing
- CBRE Capital Markets Million Dollar Club member 2006, 2007, 2011 and 2012
- Among CBRE's Top 225 in the world for 2011 and #6 in CBRE's overall production for Florida across all business lines
- 104th in the world for 2012 and #5 in CBRE's overall production for Florida across all business lines
- University of Florida, Master of Arts; Real Estate, 1989
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science Business Administration; Real Estate, 1985