Ira Kerner joined CBRE Retail in 2018 as First Vice President. He services and advises both occupier and investor retail clients and focuses his specialty within northern New Jersey and Rockland and Westchester Counties. Ira’s experience is invaluable to local, regional and national investors and developers as he concentrates on repositioning, repurposing and generating creative solutions towards the execution of their current and future retail developments. Rounding out his expertise, Ira has participated in land and shopping center sale transactions, 1031 transactions, and acquisitions of distressed assets on behalf of institutional clients.
Ira engages in the complete lifecycle of the deal-making process from inception to lease execution and commencement. He has closed more than 250 leases and renewals in excess of $500 million in base rent commitments for up to 40 years.
Ira is a contributing author of real estate features in trade magazines, including the MidAtlantic Real Estate Journal and NJ Real Estate Magazine. He is also an active member of ICSC Philadelphia Idea Exchange Planning Committee.
Ira joined CBRE after nine years with Ripco Real Estate where he represented landlords and worked with occupiers such as Bob’s Discount Furniture, Tesla, Lane Bryant, TD Bank, LA Fitness and Vitamin Shoppe. Prior to Ripco, he worked as a retail leasing specialist for Metro Commercial Real Estate in Fort Lee and The Schultz Organization, based in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, New Jersey
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, New York
- ICSC Regional Planning Committee, Member, 2015 - Present
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member, 2003 - Present
- Next Generation, New Jersey, Co-Chairman, 2003 - 2006
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
- Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, Board of Directors
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship, Bachelor of Arts