Since 1999, James Butchard has acted as a Real Estate Consultant and Tenant Representative in CBRE Limited's Toronto Downtown office. James specializes in representing tenants in Toronto Downtown, and throughout Canada. Combining a straightforward, factual approach and a thorough understanding of the commercial real estate business, he is able to consistently yield the best transactions in the marketplace for his clients.
His major projects have included lease acquisitions and lease dispositions for some of the world's largest technology firms and Fortune 500 Companies; multi-market relocations; lease auditing and strategic development, implementation of occupancy cost reduction strategies and advanced lease renewals.
His clients benefit from his extensive background in financial modeling and analysis, lease structuring and negotiation, and unparalleled market intelligence. James's foremost objective is to advise the corporate space user and implement the most aggressive strategies to maximize leverage within the marketplace. By applying his unique strengths, James has helped several corporations reduce their operating costs and strategically align their real estate requirements with their business objectives.
During his tenure at CBRE, James has been named a "Top 10" Producer in the Toronto Downtown Office numerous times. He has won many management awards, including the Peter Crompton Award and the Brokers Choice Award.
- CBRE - Peter Crompton Award - 2006
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association
- Cornerstone Group of Companies
- ENA Realty
- Everest Reinsurance
- Gerling Global Reinsurance
- Google Canada
- Harper Collins
- Infrastructure Ontario
- Legg Mason
- RGA Reinsurance
- Sunlife Financial Inc.
- CITCO Canada Inc., Across Canada, 450,000 SF
- Infrastructure Ontario, Various, 180,000 SF
- Google Canada, Various, 230,000 SF
- Harper Collins Canada, Various, 78,000 SF
- JPMorgan Chase, 66 Wellington Street West, 40,000 SF
- Everest Reinsurance, Exchange Tower, 34,000 SF
- Cornerstone Group of Companies, 20 Eglinton Avenue West, 33,000 SF
- Sunlife Financial Assurance, 150 King Street West, 30,000 SF
- Jacob Securities Inc., 199 Bay Street, 10,000 SF
- The Office of the Integrity Commissioner, 2 Bloor Street West, 9,000 SF
- Public Service Alliance of Canada, 90 Eglinton Avenue East, 9,000 SF
- Joseph Mimran & Associates, 325 Adelaide Street West, 6,500 SF