James Graber, MAI, is a Managing Director for CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services and is the Seniors Housing & Healthcare practice leader. Mr. Graber has been active in the real estate valuation industry for over a decade, completing assignments throughout the United States and abroad, with a primary specialization on Seniors Housing & Healthcare assets.
As the lead for the Seniors Housing & Healthcare practice at CBRE, Mr. Graber heads a geographically-diverse team that focuses solely on valuation and advisory services for seniors housing assets, including active adult, independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, and continuing care retirement communities (CCRC). Additionally, the team includes healthcare specialists that focus on complex assets such as acute care hospitals, post-acute care hospitals, surgery centers, psychiatric hospitals, and behavior healthcare facilities, along with other medical office and healthcare uses. Provided valuation and advisory services include third-party appraisals, Fair Market Value and Fair Market Rent analyses, purchase price allocations, market studies, and feasibility analyses. Clients served include lenders, health systems, physician groups, local and national investment firms, development and operating companies, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, private equity firms, pension funds, and REITs.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Graber was a Managing Director at Salus Valuation Group, which has since been acquired by Newmark Knight Frank. While at Salus, he developed and directed a dynamic team within the healthcare and seniors housing valuation and advisory industry. Preceding Salus Valuation Group, Mr. Graber was a Senior Appraiser with Aucamp, Dellenback, and Whitney, a commercial real estate valuation firm situated within the South Florida market, working on a wide-array of properties including healthcare, multifamily, office, special use and industrial assets.
- Member of the Appraisal Institute
- Appraisal Institute Chapter University Relations Committee Member
- National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry
- Interface Seniors Housing Southeast: Panel Participant, Getting Good Data
- Kansas State University, B.S.
- Major: Business Administration
- Appraisal Institute Coursework During the Past Several Years
- Review Theory – General, 2016
- National Appraising for the Supervisor and Trainee, 2016
- The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), 2016
- Florida Law for Real Estate Appraisers, 2016
- Advanced Income Capitalization, 2013
- Advanced Concepts and Case Studies, 2013
- Income Capitalization Approach I, 2011
- Income Capitalization Approach II, 2011
- General Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use, 2011
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach, 2011
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach, 2011
- Capital One
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank
- Ocean Bank
- Hancock & Whitney Bank
- Bank of the West
- Key Bank