James Polk is an investment specialist, focusing on the acquisitions and dispositions of commercial properties with CBRE’s Capital Markets Group. He specializes in facilitating investment transactions in three of the four major commercial real estate categories (retail, industrial, and office). Collectively, James and his team have a combined seventy-six-years of experience and have transactions volumes valued at over $1.7 billion of commercial properties over the last five years. James benefits clients by providing investment and advisory services with an emphasis on the following:
- Thorough understanding of both the capital markets and submarket fundamentals, providing sophisticated financial analysis and in-depth understanding of the acquisitions and dispositions matrix involved with commercial real estate decision making.
- Diligently follows and connects with key market players to keep track of both the private and institutional investment criteria so he can provide a real-time database that reaches over 125,000 capable investors across the United States. This allows every offering an extremely high level of exposure to large volumes of investors for each property type.
- Creatively fuses cutting-edge technologies with data-driven market strategies to present unique strengths of each property through up-to-date data analytics.
Prior to joining the CBRE’s Capital Markets Group, James was an investment and development specialist at Platinum Properties Group, based out of Excelsior, MN. His responsibilities were to conduct the financial feasibility of their investment and development options.
CBRE’s Capital Markets Group is the industry leader in the acquisitions and dispositions of income producing properties for third-party owners. Also, CBRE’s Capital Markets Group has been ranked by Real Capital Analytics (RCA) as the number one firm in the United States for investment sales activity for ten consecutive years.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR)
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Licensed Real Estate Agent: Minnesota
- James earned a B.S. from the University of Nebraska-Omaha
- James is currently pursuing an MBA from the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business
- Oppidan Investment Co.
- LNR Property Corporation
- Platinum Properties Group
- CSM Corp.
- Duluth Trading Company
- Best Buy
- Klodt Companies
- Noble Properties
- Artis REIT
- Opus Corporation
- Ryan Companies
- Kensington Realty Advisors
- The Carlyle Group
- LS Capital
- Solomon Real Estate Group
- Paster Properties
- Capital Real Estate
- Hans Hagen Homes
- Sherman Associates