Janet L. Shipley is an Associate Director for CBRE. She also serves as the General Manager of the AIG Houston Portfolio. Her responsibilities have included day to day property management supervision, complex financial analysis, corporate operations, human resources, technology systems, marketing, construction management, tenant and client relations.
Janet began her commercial real estate career in 1990 in Houston. Her involvement in the management of commercial office portfolios exceeds 12,000,000 square feet, as well as developing and managing an executive suite operation. Janet has broadened her property management and accounting experience with the preparation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, proforma preparation, due diligence, annual budget projections, construction management and sustainability/LEED projects.
Her technical highlights include NT Server and Workstation Network Administration, MS Terminal Server, Windows Operating Platforms, LAN/WAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, MRI/AMSI/Skyline/Yardi/P2P Accounting software, Asset View, Kardin, Emerge, Computrols, IOffice and Angus.
Janet utilizes her abilities to develop the professional and teamwork environment required for a successful business. Maintaining a positive relationship and high retention levels with all Clients and Tenants is a daily priority. Majoring in Business Finance at the University of Oklahoma, she has also excelled at various professional courses and seminars in the field of property management, human resources, sustainability and computer operating systems.
Recent Cliental include AIG, H&R REIT, Credit Suisse, CW Capital, HDG Mansur, CBREI-CalSTRS, CBRE Global Investors, JMB Realty, Blackrock, Franklin Street Properties, Alliant Group, CORE, Princeton Holdings and Fort Properties. Major Tenants include Lockheed Martin, Exxon Mobil, HESS Corporation, CITGO Petroleum, Marathon Oil, Vinson and Elkins and Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC).
- The University of Oklahoma – Business Finance
- Texas Real Estate License
- Houston Association of Realtors
- 2017 TOBY International Winner
- Real Property Administrator (RPA candidate)
- Certified Property Manager Designation - CPM ®
- 2015-2018 BOMA Expo Committee & Chairman
- 2018 BOMA Executive Manager of the Year
- 2016 IREM Education Chairman
- 2017 IREM Executive Counsel – Vice President of Services
- 2019 IREM President – Houston Chapter
- CBRE Women’s Network
- Rising Professional Organization – Houston Leadership
- EMPOWER Mentorship Program
- Harvard Management Program
- CBRE 2015 RISE Award
- CBRE 2017 Leadership Team Member of the Year