Jean-François Rioux started his career in commercial real estate over 20 years ago. In 1996 he joined a large Valuation firm in Montréal as an appraiser and was named partner of the firm in 2002, overseeing both the industrial and hotel groups. During his 15-year tenure there, Jean-François acquired a wealth of experience in the management and appraisal of large-scale national portfolios, including for Sun Life, Standard Life, Air Canada, BCIMC, Ivanhoe Cambridge, ING, Kingsett, amongst others.
Jean-François was also involved in due diligence for several notable, trophy Montreal real estate transactions, including Place Ville-Marie, 700 de la Gauchetière, 2020 University, the Sun Life building and the Eaton Centre.
In 2011, he was recruited by a large Capital firm and was responsible for the underwriting of hotel properties for financing until he joined CBRE in May 2013. After joining CBRE's Montreal NIT team as senior analyst, Jean-François was involved in the sale of some of the major Montreal transactions, including the sale of 50% of the Sears portfolio, 50% of the sale of 1250 René-Lévesque West and Liberty site.
In the spring of 2015, Jean-François joined CBRE's Valuation and Advisory Services group in Montréal as a Director.
- Chartered Appraiser (OEAQ)
- AACI Designation, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Bachelor in Administration, Université Laval
- Air Canada
- BTB REIT
- Canvar Group
- Crofton Moore
- Fonds de pension d’Hydro-Québec
- Investors Group
- JP Morgan Chase Bank
- KanAm grund
- National Bank
- Nobel REIT
- Pro REIT
- Standard Life
- Sun Life
- Trez Capital
- bcIMC Hotel Portfolio, Hotel Portfolio Hotel Due Diligence & Appraisal
- Brookline Developments, Mixed Use Appraisal
- Fonds de pension Hydro-Québec, Retail & Office Appraisal
- Investors Group, Industrial Appraisal
- Montoni, Industrial/office Appraisal
- Place Ville-Marie, Office Due Diligence & Appraisal
- Sun Life Building, Office Due Diligence & Appraisal