Jeff Binford is the Executive Vice President and Advisory Leader of CBRE Hotels Advisory’s South Central Division, a subsidiary of the CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE) based in Dallas. Mr. Binford has over 40 years in the hospitality industry with diverse disciplines, including market and financial feasibility, appraisal, franchise and management agreements, individual and multi-property management, asset management, and individual and mixed-use hospitality developments. Mr. Binford works with many clients as Advisor, Receiver, Property Manager and Asset Manager.
Mr. Binford began his career operating full-service hotels under differing brand names, sizes and geographic locations. He was part of multiple pre-opening teams for hotels ranging in size from 300 – 2,000 rooms, both in temporary and permanent management positions. His detailed understanding of operations coupled with his expertise in forecasting and budgeting, has allowed Mr. Binford to consistently achieve top profits and service scores.
Prior to CBRE Hotels, Binford served as Managing Director of an international hospitality consulting firm, directly responsible for portfolios of distressed assets. He also served as Vice President of Development for two large franchise and management organizations, responsible for franchising new-construction developments under multiple brands and soliciting third-party management agreements. His efforts resulted in multi-year sales awards for both quality and quantity franchise developments with highest per-unit sales. He also previously served as Senior Manager for Pannell Kerr Forster in Dallas.
Mr. Binford personally worked on hundreds of hotels, valued well into the Billions with most industry brands, including Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Inc., Marriott International Inc., Hyatt Hotels Corperation, Wyndham Hotels Group and InterContinental Hotels Group plc. He has conducted market and economic feasibility studies, operational reviews and appraisals for hotels and resorts across the country. In addition, Binford is involved in many public-private hotel developments and brand, management and developer selections for larger, more complex assets.
Binford has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Houston and earned the designation of Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) from the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s Educational Institute.
Mr. Binford has been elected and appointed to serve, and chaired many public and private boards. Binford is a frequent keynote speaker, guest lecturer and panelist for many industry associations, educational institutions and chambers of commerce.
Areas of Expertise
- Economic, financial, operational, management and valuation advisory services for the real estate, hospitality and related service industries
Education & Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- University of Houston, Conrad Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, Bachelor of Science
- Certified Hotel Administrator from the American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute
- Urban Land Institute – North Texas Hotel Product Advisory Council
- Multiple Hotel and Lodging Associations
- Admitted as an expert in Civil, District and Federal courts in Texas and Kansas
Guest speaker at various industry seminars, associations, convention and visitor bureaus, universities and colleges
- J. P. Morgan Asset Management
- Stream Realty
- Hillwood Urban
- Public Finance Authority
- Preston Hollow Capital
- Gatehouse Capital
- Garfield Public/Private
- Matthews Southwest
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- Valencia Group
- Verizon Realty Corperation
- Jackson Shaw Company
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- The City of McKinney, Texas
- Texas Christian University
- Market Study for Public/Private Partnerships including: hotels, convention center, and structured parking facilities
- Developer selection for Public/Private Partnerships
- Luxury Brand Manager Selection for quasi-public entity
- Development of bankruptcy reorganization plans and in-court expert testimony
- Court-Appointed Receiver in District Courts for multiple assets across the country
- Court-Appointed Manager in Federal Court
- Corporate Advisory Services for multiple hotel corporations
- Provided litigation support for cases involving eminent domain, bankruptcies, management and franchise agreements, operations, construction and fraud investigations