Jeremy Benkin brings over 25 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate serving both corporate and institutional clients. As Director of Procurement for Asset Services, Mr. Benkin is responsible for the development of Asset Services supply chain management strategy and oversees the purchasing policies and practices. He manages vendor relationships and directs program development for many of the division’s initiatives, including buying platforms and supplier partnerships.
Mr. Benkin has played an important role in raising environmental awareness and driving change in office buildings around the world. In 2009, he was selected by the U.S. Green Building Council© as a principal author for the Green Operations Guide: Integrating LEED into your Property Management, the industry’s first comprehensive guide for transforming building operations. In 2011, he was appointed by Mayors Wharton and Luttrell to the Sustainability Advisory Committee for the Memphis and Shelby County Office of Sustainability. As a Sustainability Advisory Committee member, Mr. Benkin is one of the area’s leading advocates for green initiatives.
Mr. Benkin joined CBRE with the acquisition of Trammell Crow Company, where he held various management positions within the accounting, facility management and property management groups. In 2003, he joined in the formation of TCC’s Strategic Sourcing Network as Vice President of Strategic Sourcing. In this role, he focused on the generation of discount programs for managed properties and coordination of multi-site service contracting. Previously, Mr. Benkin was a Partner in Denver, Colorado-based Venture Group Real Estate which was acquired by Trammell Crow Company in 2000.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- LEED® Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- Board Member, U.S. Green Building Council, Memphis Regional Chapter
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council Educational Events Committee
- RPA, Building Owners and Managers Institute
- Institute for Supply Management
- Broker, Tennessee Real Estate Commission
- Sustainability Advisory Committee, Memphis & Shelby County Office of Sustainability
- University of Colorado – Bachelor of Science, Mathematics