John LaFontaine joined CBRE in September of 1989 as a Sales Representative in Industrial Real Estate. In 1990, he was named "Rookie of the Year" and has since developed into one of the most dominant Industrial Professionals in North America. John has been ranked in the Top 10 in Canada for 25 of his 29 years in the business. From 2009 to 2015 he consistently earned the title of Top Industrial Canadian Producer for CBRE and was named CBRE's top deal maker for Canada in 2015.
John's excellence stems from his unsurpassed market knowledge, quick and accurate service delivery, strong client focus and above all, his unwavering integrity. It is these qualities that have facilitated his building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with all of his clients.
John's resumé confirms his ability to consistently outperform any two brokers combined. He possesses unsurpassed market knowledge and unparalleled experience particularly in the Brampton, Etobicoke and Mississauga real estate markets. Clients dealing with John can rely on this expertise and strength in negotiation to obtain the maximum value for their transactions every time.
YTD Performance Overview
Team LaFontaine - 60 Sold, 112 Leased
- 4,891,589 SQ. FT
- 4,948,665 SQ. FT
10,160,197 Sq. Ft.
Total Deal Square Footage
Total Completed Transactions
- Colbert Coldwell Circle - 2017
- Top Industrial Producer for the Americas for CBRE in 2010
- Number One producer for CBRE Canada-wide & Mahoney White Award recipient in 2000 and 2008-2010
- Canada's Top Deal Maker in 1999-2003, 2005, 2007, 2013, 2015
- "Top 10" Canadian producer for 25 of his 29 years in the business
- "Rookie of the Year" in 1990
- "Top 5" producer for the Toronto West office since 1991
- Ranked in the top 20 sales professionals for CBRE in North America
- Has been involved in the completion of 2,490 transactions over the past twenty nine (29) years
- Has been involved in the closed transaction of over 71 million square feet in the past ten (10) years
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
- OREA (Ontario Real Estate Association)
- TREB (Toronto Real Estate Board)
- Logistics Institute
- University of Ottawa B.A.
- University of Western Ontario M.B.A.
- Arvin Meritor
- AT & T
- BASF Canada
- Benjamin Moore Paints
- Bridgestone Firestone
- CIBC Development Corp.
- Club Monaco/Polo Ralph Lauren
- Dana Canada
- F.W. Woolworth
- Heidleberg Canada Limited
- Home Depot
- Hudson Bay Co.
- Janes Family Foods
- MacLean Hunter
- Moores – The Suit People
- NCR Canada
- Para Paints
- Purolator Courier Ltd.
- Quartet Webber Costello Canada
- Reynolds Aluminum
- Robert Bosch Inc
- Royal Bank
- Royal Laser Corp.
- Sears Canada
- Sico Paints
- Stanley Tools
- SunLife Canada Inc.
- Volvo Canada
- Westpoint Stevens
- Sears Canada, Responsible for the disposition of, 1,000,000 SF
- Dominion Warehouses, 980,000 SF
- LG Electronics, 724,000 SF
- Pepsi Bottling Group, Lease renewal for, 489,451 SF
- F. W. Woolworth, 485,000 SF
- Leggett & Platt, Sale disposition of, 466,475 SF
- Cantar Polyair, Lease negotiation & sale disposition, +425,000 SF
- Royal Laser Tech. Corp., 3 purchase transactions over 4 years, ±400,000 SF
- Allied Signal Canada's Head Office, ±360,000 SF
- Manitoulin Transport, 350,000 SF
- Kimberly Clarke, Responsible for the sale disposition of, 312,000 SF
- Unigistix, 303,000 SF
- ICW Warehouses, 300,000 SF
- Kellogg Canada, Leased Facility in Rexdale, 300,000 SF
- Sears Canada, ±250,000 SF
- Regal Candy, Lease negotiation, 186,000 SF
- Uni-Select, 180,000 SF
- Para Paints, Co-ordinated lease negotiations, ±150,000 SF
- Stanley Tools, Lease transaction – Cdn. Head Office, 140,000 SF
- Heidelberg Canada, 120,000 SF
- Amram's, Division of Russ, 120,000 SF
- Smith Kline Beacham, Responsible for the sale disposition of the Cdn. Head Office
- ABC Plastics, Over 2.7 million SF sold & purchased over 12 years