John Sheridan joined CBRE, Inc. in 2003 as the result of a merger with Insignia/ESG. Mr. Sheridan is currently a Senior Vice President with the Mid-Atlantic Multifamily Investment Properties Team. Mr. Sheridan specializes in residential land transactions for both rental and for-sale products, including high-rise concrete, infill projects and high density wood-frame construction to master planned communities of townhomes and single-family residences. Mr. Sheridan has also been involved with several office to residential building conversions. His experience in construction and project management has provided a solid background and understanding of development concepts.
With over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, Mr. Sheridan has worked many jurisdictions from as far north as Aberdeen, MD, to as far south as Fredericksburg, VA.
Mr. Sheridan was responsible for finding residential developers and builders for such notable assignments as:
- 4-H Conference Center: Chevy Chase, MD—12.3-acres, sold for $40 million, un-entitled, to develop senior housing.
- Pooks Hill Apartment Land: Bethesda, MD—6.0-acres, un-entitled for over 550 residential units; high-rise construction.
- 300 M Street, NE: Washington, DC—Fully entitled and permit ready for 411-multifamily units, selling for $118 / FAR sf.
- WMAL: Bethesda, MD—75 acres, for the development of over 300 single family attached and detached homes
- CSX Site: Washington, DC—10-acre parcel located in the Ball Park District for the redevelopment of 1.2 million square feet.
- Mosaic: Merrifield, VA—three residential transactions totaling 961 multifamily units, part of a 1.8 million square foot mixed-use development.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Sheridan worked with Turner Construction Company for 10 years.