John Skoglin has been working as a real estate agent/broker in the Baltimore-Washington area for more than thirty-three years. In 1991, John formed JGS Realty Associates, which merged with Trout, Segall & Doyle LLC in 1994. This was preceded by more than thirteen years with W.C. Pinkard & Company, Inc. as Vice President and Associate Broker. In the past seven years, he has sold over $60 million and administered over 6 million square feet of property.
Mr. Skoglin’s activity has been extensive in West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland areas, having sold two Maytag Properties, the Tenneco building in Harrisonburg, VA, Eastern Roper building in Carroll Park, F.A. Davis building in the Camden Industrial Park, Montgomery Ward Facility also in Carroll Park and the Maryland Glass facility in South Baltimore. These five facilities accounted for over 3 million square feet and approximately 110 acres of land. His past activities include working with W.W. Grainger Inc., a national distributor, for six of their local distribution operations, as well as selected industrial sites, C&S Wholesale Grocers in the purchase of their 186,000 square foot, low temperature warehouse on 32 acres of land in Harford County, and Maserati Automobiles, Inc., an international automobile manufacturer in the sale of their two American locations. He recently represented Baker Hughes in their purchase of 42 acres in Bridgeport, WV.
Mr. Skoglin is also licensed as an associate broker in Virginia and West Virginia, as well, having represented DuPont, Kodak and Maytag for their properties in that state, along with current listings in Hardy County, WV for American Woodmark, Hampshire County, WV for the County and listings in Berkeley and Jefferson Counties in West Virginia.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- National Association of Industrial & Office Parks (NAIOP)
- National Brownfield Association (NBA)
- Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors (GBBR)
- Bachelor of Science, Loyola College in Maryland
- Master of Business Administration in Finance, Loyola College in Maryland
- Montgomery Ward | 1,325,000 SF | Sale
- National Can Company | 600,000 SF | Sale
- C&S Wholesale Grocery | 425,000 SF | Sale
- Tenneco | 358,000 SF | Sale
- Eastern Roper | 340,000 SF | Sale
- American Can | 300,000 SF | Sale
- Weston Foods | 228,500 SF | Sale
- Ionics | 220,000 SF | Lease
- W. W. Grainger (Multiple) | 215,000 SF | Lease
- Maytag | 210,000 SF | Sale
- American Public University | 179,000 SF | Sale
- Weyerhaeuser | 157,352 SF | Sale
- G. Steinweg, Inc. | 155,000 SF | Lease
- American Bank Stationary | 150,000 SF | Sale
- Heidtman Steel | 94,000 SF | Sale
- F.A. Davis | 75,000 SF | Sale
- W. W. Grainger
- General Electric
- Anheuser Busch
- Montgomery Ward
- Bio Science
- Trigen-Baltimore Energy
- Gerdau Ameristeel
- Heidtman Steel
- The Hecht Company
- United Electric Supply
- United States Gypsum
- Ford Motor Credit
- Structural Systems, Inc.
- G. Steinweg, Inc.
- Interbake Foods
- Airgas-East, Inc.
- Sunoco, Inc.
- Lippert Components*
- Baker Hughes*
- American Woodmark*
- Harris Bank (Chicago)*
- Sovereign Bank (Boston)*
- General Dynamics*
- Hampshire County
- Industrial Realty Group*
- Norm Thompson*
- Rekel Electrical and Datacom Products*
- Emivest Aerospace*
- Northrop Grumman*
- Action Aviation*
- Triumph Property Group*
- Arcadia Aviation*
*Clients represented in West Virginia (either as tenants, landlords, buyers or sellers)