Jon Vaughan, MAI, SR/WA is a Director with the CBRE Eminent Domain Practice in Colorado, based in Fort Collins. In addition to appraising real property, Jon also teaches the real estate appraisal course at Colorado State University.
Jon brings 15 years of experience preparing real estate appraisals, feasibility studies and consulting. His expertise covers a broad spectrum of property types, including commercial and residential development land, mixed-use projects, as well as farm and ranch properties. His background in improved properties includes office, retail and industrial facilities, as well as special purpose facilities, such as automobile dealerships, breweries, churches and schools.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Vaughan worked as an appraiser with Foster Valuation in Greeley, where he honed his focus on eminent domain. He has worked on property valuations related to some of Colorado’s most-notable infrastructure projects including the I-25 widening and the addition of express lanes from north Denver to Northern Colorado.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Appraisal Institute: Designated Member (MAI)
- Colorado Chapter President in 2017
- International Right of Way Association: Senior Right of Way Professional (SR/WA)
- Institute for Appraisal Courses since 2014
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser: State of Colorado, #CG100000631
- Accepted Expert Witness, Weld County District Court
- Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration
- City of Fort Collins
- City of Greeley
- City of Loveland
- City of Aurora
- Weld County
- Xcel Energy
- Western States Land Services
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission
- Atkins Global
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- Guaranty Bank and Trust
- First National Bank
- Farmers and Merchants Bank