As Managing Director of Asset Services, Joe Petak specializes in leading property and facility management service delivery for a portfolio of over 8 million square feet in the western Pennsylvania region, developing management service accounts, leading start-up operations and account acquisitions, providing regional engineering and technical support, and coordinating corporate standards and procedures for property and facility management. Mr. Petak was recognized as the 2014 National CBRE Asset Services Market Leader of the Year.
With over 30 years of real estate experience, Mr. Petak has a proven ability to manage an asset through the investment cycle, create and lead teams to complete multimillion dollar projects, negotiate complex transactions, and develop strong working relationships with vendors, union/non-union operating personnel and senior executives from major companies. Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Petak served as Vice President, Asset Manager for The Hillman Company, where he managed a portfolio of real estate assets valued in excess of $1 billion. His previous experience also includes serving as Vice President, Portfolio Manager with Grubb & Ellis.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member of the Urban Land Institute
- Member of NAIOP
- Member of BOMA
- Certified Property Manager Designation (CPM)
- Certified Real Property Administrator Designation (RPA)
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of Pennsylvania
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration (Major: Accounting)
- International Place, Boston, MA | 1,800,000 SF | Office
- PPG Place, Pittsburgh, PA | 1,500,000 SF | Office
- The Mall at Green Hills, Nashville, TN | 900,000 SF | Retail
- Liberty Center, Pittsburgh, PA | 530,000 SF | Office
- 11 Stanwix, Pittsburgh, PA | 450,000 SF | Office