Kevin Bender exclusively represents tenants in the leasing, acquisition and disposition of commercial office properties, and has successfully completed over 3,000,000 square feet of office lease transactions throughout his 17-year career.
Mr. Bender has deep expertise in the Orange County and Downtown Los Angeles Office markets, and market-leading experience representing Fortune 500 companies and top services firms in high-profile headquarters assignments and complex occupier transactions. He has served as the lead broker on many significant assignments, including:
- 800,000+ square feet for AIG throughout the Western United States
- 181,000+ square-foot headquarters transaction for Taco Bell in Irvine
- 130,000+ square feet for State Street Bank in Irvine
- 135,000 square feet for PwC in Downtown Los Angeles.
Since joining CBRE, Inc. in its 2003 acquisition of Insignia/ ESG (IESG), Mr. Bender has consistently ranked among the firm’s top Southern California tenant representation professionals. Prior to the merger, he spearheaded IESG’s Orange County Brokerage group, partnering with Steve Bay and Clay Hammerstein to grow the company’s Southern California region into one of the most respected and thriving occupier services practices in the West. Prior to IESG, he served for three years at Julien J Studley, Inc.
A talented strategist and negotiator, Mr. Bender is also skilled at multi-market portfolio management. He leverages CBRE’s Lease Administration, Consulting, Financial, Econometric Forecasting, and LEED expertise to ensure corporations such as HSN, Yum Brands and Littler optimize their national real estate portfolios.
Having represented many of the leading professional service firms, such as PwC, Ernst & Young and KPMG, along with many of the country’s leading law firms and financial firms in lease transactions across the Western U.S., Mr. Bender is an expert at identifying locations that fit his clients’ operational, financial and qualitative requirements—and at negotiating best-in-market lease terms while retaining the flexibility for his clients to adapt to business and industry changes. He is widely regarded as a local market expert, and is frequently sought after for speaking and panel engagements and to provide insight into the Orange County and Downtown Los Angeles Office markets.
- Member, CoreNet and Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Real Estate Forum, National Top 5 under 35 (2009)
- CBRE’s Top 200 Professionals Worldwide (2007, 2009-2012)
- Real Estate Southern California, Annual Top Broker List (2004 – 2012)
- Irvine Company Broker of the Year (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 - 2012)
- Southern California Real Estate Magazine’s Annual Top Brokers List (2001, 2003, 2005 - 2012)
- Repeatedly recognized in Orange County Business Journal, Real Estate Southern California and Orange County Register
- Los Angeles Business Journal Awards Largest Lease Value, Team (2011,2012,2013)
- University of Arizona, Bachelor of Arts; Economics
|Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
|State Street Bank
|Latham & Watkins
- American International Group (AIG)
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis
- Barger & Wolen
- Buchalter Nemer Fields & Younger
- Ditech.com/ GMAC
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Confidential Tech Client
- Greenberg & Traurig
- Home Depot
- IAC Interactive Corp.
- IndyMac Bank
- Latham & Watkins