Phoenix, AZ 85016
Laura Sidney is a Director of Client Strategy with CBRE’s Labor Analytics, based in Phoenix, AZ. Laura guides corporate occupiers’ workforce strategies - optimizing their human capital so their employees cost less and perform better. By leveraging proprietary tools, local market intelligence, and award-winning analytics, she identifies opportunity and advises labor strategies that mitigate her clients’ risk, reduce operational and capital expenditures, increase shareholder value and enhance employee productivity and performance.
Previously, as an Associate Director of Consulting with Labor Analytics, Laura focused on site selection and comprehensive community evaluation, researching and evaluating labor markets nationwide for her clients. Her role allowed her to be client-facing, and included responsibilities such as presenting demographic, financial and anecdotal analysis. Her work identified trends and nuances to help determine if a market makes a good fit for her client’s unique requirements and business objectives.
Laura joined CBRE in 2003 as a Mapping Analyst. She was quickly promoted to Team Lead for CBRE’s Location & Mapping Center. She also spent several years on the brokerage floor working for both a Retail Services and Land Services team.
- Team activity: Engaged by 34% of Fortune 100, 25% Fortune 500, 90% repeat clientele and 1,000+ consulting projects.
- Information Week’s Top 500 Most Innovative Technologies, rank #187, 2013
- CoreNet Global annual H. Bruce Russell Global Innovator's Award, Global LaborView, 2007 & 2011
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers and Educators, 11th Edition, 2007
- Edsall, R.M. and L.R. Sidney “Applications of a cognitively informed framework for the design of interactive spatiotemporal representations” in Exploring Geovisualization, J.A. Dykes, A.M. MacEachren and M.-J. Kraak, eds. London: Guilford Press, 2004
- Sidney, L.R. and R.M. Edsall “Challenging the conventions of interface design for education-oriented animated maps”. Research In Geographic Education. Vol. 5.2003, p.5-24.
- Arizona State University, Master of Arts; 2004
- Mississippi State University, Bachelor of Science; 2001
- Bank of America
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Capital One
- GE Capital
- Holland America Line
- Square Trade
- UnitedHealth Group
- Union Bank
- Verizon Wireless