Laurie Akau, a General Manager at CBRE, Inc. overseeing the management of Luxury Row at 2100 Kalakaua Avenue, a 100,000 sq. ft. luxury retail complex featuring world-class tenants such as Chanel, Tiffany & Co., Gucci, Saint Laurent, Moncler, and Bottega Veneta.
Previously General Manager of Harbor Court, a 400,000 sq. ft. mixed-use Class A high-rise property in Honolulu, Laurie established the first real estate partnership with the City and County of Honolulu Department of Information Technology to bring the City’s free wi-fi internet services to CBRE-managed buildings in Hawaii.
Prior to CBRE, Laurie was employed by A&B Properties, Inc., a subsidiary of Alexander & Baldwin, Inc., for thirteen years. She received the President’s Award in 2000 and 2003 for outstanding performance. As Manager/Property Management, she was responsible for asset, property and construction management of nearly 1 MSF of Oahu commercial real estate during a period of substantial company growth. She worked briefly for the state of Hawaii overseeing statewide high-technology incubation facilities and began her career with developers, Marshall Hung and Jeffrey Stone, on 1015 Wilder Ave, a luxury condominium project in Honolulu.
Laurie co-founded ThinkTechHawaii in 2001, a non-profit organization and website, to promote high-tech in Hawaii. She co-hosted ThinkTechHawaii, a weekly radio show, interviewing hundreds of business leaders and completing over 150 reviews of technology/business books during a 5-year period.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Waikiki Improvement Association - Board Member
- Waikiki Business Improvement District Association - Board Member
- Waikiki Community Center - Event Committee Member
- BOMA – RPA (Real Property Administrator) Designation
- BOMA Hawaii - Board Member and Program Chair
- Life Foundation - Board Member
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in the State of Hawaii
- CBRE Real Estate Manager of the Year 2013
- Dale Carnegie Training - former Licensed Instructor
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership - Big Business Speaker
- Hawaii Pacific University, MBA-level courses
- BBA - University of Hawaii at Manoa, Bachelor of Business Administration